Buff Autodidact
please Buff Autodidact
Make it increase the Chance for Skillchecks
and while you do so Fix Deliverance
Make it increase the Chance for Skillchecks
and while you do so Fix Deliverance
Comments
I agree. This is exactly what Autodidact needs to be viable. You can go an entire heal cycle w/o a skill check. The average seems to be one skill check per heal.
Just no. Further improving any healing abilities at this point would throw off the balance even more.
Healing is already way to easy.
but You would waste A Perk Slot for nothing
At this point when I'm healed by teammate and see healing progress jumping back I always think the same thing "######### mate you can't seriously be using Autodidact". Even if you heal a lot during a game, its positive effects are so rng dependent.
The only reason to use it is to get Adept Adam. Then you can just forget about it.
@LRGamer said:
A lot of people think that survivors have perk slots to waste. But it's not even a matter of it being a waste of a perk slot. More than 90% of the time you will never get this perk to 5 tokens, meaning that you are taking this perk to lose 35% healing progress on your first few heals, with little to no benefit after you get above the negative healing progress. But it is very powerful if you get it to that point (very unlikely, but it can happen), and I'm not quite sure how BHVR could balance it out to not be overly oppressive. Really badly designed perk imo.
Autodidact sucks unless the killer has Sloppy Butcher, then you'll almost always get it to at least 4 stacks and it'll bypass Mangled like crazy.
The time it takes for what?
they want to give Survivors more objectives
Oh yea… they announce a lot… they also announced the one time heal and that came…? Never?
Nerfs to survivor often get announced and never happen (or get reversed asap).
and Autodidact needs a Buff
i can send you proof
who has a P3 Doctor
a P2 Clown and a P2 Spirit
and 4 P1 Killers
1st Not yet live.
2nd We have to wait if it gets reversed in a short time.
3rd Most likely it will come along with huge buffs in other areas to "balance it out".
And if the Devs feel the need to nerf healing, why should they buff at the same time a perk that improves healing?
That wouldn't make any sense.
They are doing just that in the PTB....
Base healing is taking longer and Botany Knowledge is increasing it's % so this wouldn't be any different.
It makes sense to give survivors reasons to use the perks that 'buff' the base % of things....
Erm… nothing you stated changed anything I said.
I challenge you to play 5 games as a survivor with Autodidact. Then come back and apologize for talking about something that you didn't understand. This is one of those perks that sounds great on paper. Like when you first read it you think "Wow! 50% progress for making a skill check?! KACHING!"
Then you actually play with it and you are thinking, "this perk is trash and I'm never touching it again". It honestly, objectively, needs help. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't actually used it. And if you haven't actually used it then your opinion is ill informed and you shouldn't have said anything to begin with.
Autodidact does need a buff.
If the values were the issue, why not just make the perk give -10 then give the survivor +10 for each token. Because right now, even though I want to like this perk, it hurts your team more then it benefits them. This is not a good thing for a perk designed for healing.
Maybe it'll change when the healing changes go live, but I honestly doubt it. Considering that even with Spine Chill, I still rarely manage to make the perk useful until the gates are powered and that's only if I dedicate myself to be overly altruistic.
Which has a habit of getting you killed.