I've been wondering for a while, but now I know! (entity rating)

I've always wondered, since I've gotten ratings that I felt varied from my play in various matches, but this last match confirms how the game does it, at least as far as I can tell (I mean, I'm sure the info is out there, but hey, I want to play the game, not research mechanics).

So, I was playing trapper on the pale rose. Doing my daily, getting 3 survivors in traps. I'm running the padded jaws and a cheap bag. Find a few survivors relatively early, but after chasing them just a bit, I go about setting traps. Long story short, I end the match with 2 kills and 17K base bloodpoints. However, I get the "entity displeased" and depip. Mostly because I 'lost' chases, and didn't even get an emblem for that category.

Not too bummed about it, I just find it interesting. 17K and 2 kills tells me that I didn't play that match too badly.

Comments

  • Chrona said:

    I've always wondered, since I've gotten ratings that I felt varied from my play in various matches, but this last match confirms how the game does it, at least as far as I can tell (I mean, I'm sure the info is out there, but hey, I want to play the game, not research mechanics).

    So, I was playing trapper on the pale rose. Doing my daily, getting 3 survivors in traps. I'm running the padded jaws and a cheap bag. Find a few survivors relatively early, but after chasing them just a bit, I go about setting traps. Long story short, I end the match with 2 kills and 17K base bloodpoints. However, I get the "entity displeased" and depip. Mostly because I 'lost' chases, and didn't even get an emblem for that category.

    Not too bummed about it, I just find it interesting. 17K and 2 kills tells me that I didn't play that match too badly.

    2 kills how? That is based on hooks not point I think right? And 2 dead isn't a win, it's a draw. 
  • The wiki (deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com) should have a full guide on rank, FYI. You don't need to figure it out.

  • Chrona said:

    I've always wondered, since I've gotten ratings that I felt varied from my play in various matches, but this last match confirms how the game does it, at least as far as I can tell (I mean, I'm sure the info is out there, but hey, I want to play the game, not research mechanics).

    So, I was playing trapper on the pale rose. Doing my daily, getting 3 survivors in traps. I'm running the padded jaws and a cheap bag. Find a few survivors relatively early, but after chasing them just a bit, I go about setting traps. Long story short, I end the match with 2 kills and 17K base bloodpoints. However, I get the "entity displeased" and depip. Mostly because I 'lost' chases, and didn't even get an emblem for that category.

    Not too bummed about it, I just find it interesting. 17K and 2 kills tells me that I didn't play that match too badly.

    2 kills how? That is based on hooks not point I think right? And 2 dead isn't a win, it's a draw. 
    You also ran add on for extra points so it's more about the multiplier than how you played, how many survivors were hooked and which hook phase etc goes into that. 
  • @Dabrownman1812 said:
    2 kills how? That is based on hooks not point I think right? And 2 dead isn't a win, it's a draw.

    You also ran add on for extra points so it's more about the multiplier than how you played, how many survivors were hooked and which hook phase etc goes into that.

    I believe I got 4 hooks, both going from first hook to second stage, and both dead upon their second hook. Possibly 5 hooks? And either way, a draw, as you put it, doesn't seem to be in keeping with the lowest possible rating, except for the one reserved specially for disconnecting

    @Orion said:
    The wiki (deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com) should have a full guide on rank, FYI. You don't need to figure it out.

    I'm certainly looking, and I certainly don't see it. Only thing I've seen is in the "play as killer" page, where it says "less than 7 killer goals" displeases the entity, and you depip.

  • Chrona said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    2 kills how? That is based on hooks not point I think right? And 2 dead isn't a win, it's a draw.

    You also ran add on for extra points so it's more about the multiplier than how you played, how many survivors were hooked and which hook phase etc goes into that.

    I believe I got 4 hooks, both going from first hook to second stage, and both dead upon their second hook. Possibly 5 hooks? And either way, a draw, as you put it, doesn't seem to be in keeping with the lowest possible rating, except for the one reserved specially for disconnecting

    @Orion said:
    The wiki (deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com) should have a full guide on rank, FYI. You don't need to figure it out.

    I'm certainly looking, and I certainly don't see it. Only thing I've seen is in the "play as killer" page, where it says "less than 7 killer goals" displeases the entity, and you depip.

    I see, so two left unhooked?