Do you think it would be good to go down on purpose to prevent getting tunneled?
Hello how are you. Might I say that you head is looking particularly large today. And that's because your so smart and you have galaxy brains
I feel that when I run the killer I should go down on purpose after a certain number of gens get done. I guess its to minimize the odds of getting tunneled.
What do you think is it a good idea or is it crazy?
Comments
That is not a fantastic idea. If multiple gens have popped, the killer has been chasing you the whole time and you still haven't gone down, you being tunneled is actually a good thing for your team overall. If the killer is focused entirely on you and you're not going down, that means your team mates can do gens uninterrupted. Not to mention you're gonna be getting a lot of boldness points for it.
I've done it. Hell, against obvious newbie killers who were seriously struggling and I realized pretty quickly the matchmaking had screwed them, I'd give myself up and then they'd tunnel me right off the hook, anyway. So, I don't do it. Keep the chase going or juke them.
I mean if you are able to stay in chase for as many gens as you choose then either the Killer is new or you are abusing OP map loops, so maybe yeah you could go down or go do a gen or something, or just run for 5 gens I guess and have another 4 minute long game which is almost as long as your queue times.
Dude never give killers an inch cuz they'll take a mile. Make 'em work for their 4ks.
As a strategy, not really a good idea. Besides, if you have been successfully evading the killer for a number of gens, why would you be concerned with tunneling? Just do it again.
If a killer is determined enough to chase you around for 3 full generators or whatever without breaking off, I don't think they're the kind of person who has the judgment to not tunnel you off-hook, or otherwise respect your enforced manners.
If a killer wants to tunnel they are going to tunnel so no because they will do it if you go down at 5 gens or with 1 left. Some killers may only tunnel you if they need to but these are usually the more experienced killers so they would have left chase with you long before that happened.