Am I playing a different game than every one else?
Because I see loads of people talking about how hard red ranks are, every one being a SWF, only killers being used are the top tier ones etc. Literally none of this is true. Ive been a consistent rank 1 on both sides for about 2 years now and even bought an ALT not too long ago, reached green ranks on both sides on that ALT pretty quickly and noticed little to no difference in the skill of survivors or killers. So for the new players just reaching red ranks, its not as bad as people make it out to be, people like to over exaggerate things
Comments
I think people get 1 bad game and then the past 40 4ks and escapes they got are instantly erased from their mind and they get on the forums to call for nerfs
Thats honestly how it feels, ranking system needs to be improved heavily, its a joke at this point
You see the game as the devs do. They only see the average low skill players. You are not taking into account good players. Killer vs good survivors is hard. Solo survivor with average teammates vs a decent killer is hard due to your teammates being deadweight most of the time. You most likely aren't having an issue because you have been playing for 2 years and you might be decent at the game. So as a solo survivor, on a personal level, you can do well, and as killer you might be decent at it and have good games because most survivors are average low skill players.
Might be a time and region thing. Person-A can have multiple tourney players in their region while Person-B has nothing but potatoes in their region and keeps playing when all the potatoes are at home and willing to throw some survivor matches.
Thing is, on the rare occasions I do face a true coordinated SWF, on tournament level. Those to me are some of the most fun games to me, so really its a rank issue, top tier players are stuck with average players because they can't go any higher, they should limit MMR to only rank 1, so the best of the best go against each other
I just hate the toxicity of everyone
This game has way to many variables to have a solid ranking system
Also people tend to forget prior experience when something bad happens to them.... and they don't think they make mistakes while playing
I can't speak for everyone but I know for me, being a killer can be incredibly frustrating. I get two kinds of games nowadays it seems; a group of potatoes that aren't fun to kill because it's basically killing flies as they're just too dumb to do anything effectively or the SWF SWAT Team that runs with a precision that would make a Navy Seal team go "Wow, those guys are hella coordinated". Neither of those groups are fun to play against but the majority of my matches are going to be against one or the other.
It feels incredibly rare nowadays that I get a team where either I won or they just barely escaped by the skin of their teeth...
Highly doubt that since if you look at some streamers I hardly notice a difference from their gameplay
People are more referring to top tier matches, not necessarily "red ranks".
Also, the red ranks reference used to refer to a lot more. The change to ranking up and rank reset has now piled up a ton of people at red rank that have no business being there. Some on a killer side, but the issue is much more pronounced on survivor side. It's almost impossible to not get to rank 1 now on survivor if the person is even semi decent.
IE red rank matches now are more like red-green matches. The pool of skill in red rank has been highly diluted from normal. I think this is intentional as making more matches be mismatched in terms of skill covers up the games balance problems.
The only streamer I actively watch lately is Exlelite. He mostly plays with his tourney team and one day they got the same killer player like 4-5 times during their session. I too faced his tourney team once a few months ago because that day I played at a different time than usual.
Right now I usually play a few matches at night so obviously I won't verse UBK anytime soon again.
So yeah time of the day and region does have an impact based on my own observation. It's fine if you think differently, of course.