I Tried Spirit...

I decided to try Spirit tonight -for the first time- and level her. I played 10-15 games. Two were on Haddonfield and some were against swfs and keys. I 4ked in all of them and it was the most relaxed I'd ever been while playing killer. I did get lucky blood webs so I was running pop pretty early on, but damn... I really didn't expect it to be such a walk in the park. I didn't even notice how broken Haddonfield is.

One SWF made me sit up in my chair slightly and ended up doing all the gens, but I still wound up 4king them because of some mistakes they made. Good headphones + the slightest bit of game sense = ez win

Comments

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/220382/i-tried-spirit

    With the matchmaking the way it is right now, this means literally nothing. Even at red ranks, killers are facing babu survivors 90% of the time. A competent team (an actual competent team, not the ones who come here and say they are good because of their inflated egos) isn't going down to a Spirit that easy.

    Yeah, I didn't post this to brag as I don't think it's brag worthy. "I can win with spirit guys!" It was mostly just to voice my surprise that it was so easy to adapt to her playstyle and play well against the average survivors. Like I said before I'm sure a good coordinated swf could have easily ended my streak of games.

  • Well, as someone who has been a Spirit main for almost two years at this stage, (a year and Seven months since I have a screenshot of my first ever game of her,) I feel like I should give my own opinion on the matter.


    For me personally, I'd have to agree. She's pretty easy to pickup and play, but only if you have experience playing killer or survivor. She relies heavily on reads and sound cues, both of which are things you pickup on the more you play killer in general. A person who's played say, Trapper for a week or two, would have an easier time playing Spirit than a brand new player, purely because they have a better understanding of what the survivors will do.

    Does this mean I think she's top 10 easiest killers to play? Not at all, but she's definitely not the hardest either. She's a good mid-ground, since she's easier than, Nurse, Trapper, Hillbilly, Huntress, Blight and I guess.. God I hate this name. Deathslinger. But, harder than the others.

    Although, that's baring in mind that I think Hag is easier to play, even though I can't even get a 2k on her-


    I would like to see them make a change to her that keeps her power, but raises the difficulty curve a small bit. Something like having survivor sounds be omni-directional while in phase.

  • Did someone say Spirit? DC!

1 2 3 ›