Missed potential for clown in tome 5

So I was reading through clown's cosmetics, and something struck me as odd.

The clown cosmetic pieces that were in the rift for tome 5 tell a bit of a story. Specifically the head piece, "It was a lot of work tracking down a killer in his territory and he was getting surly. Enough with the gags, it was time to inflict some pain."

This could have been such an interesting story to tell about Clown! Him trying to find a killer in his territory, and culminating in clown winning. Imagine if he was fighting against another entity corrupted person too!

I really hope they're saving this story for another tome, because I'm gonna be upset if we don't get to see how this story plays out in the lore.

Comments

  • The return of that metal jaw guy from Blights lore would be cool.

  • @QwQw said:

    The return of that metal jaw guy from Blights lore would be cool.

    That was just trapper, the metal teeth in the mask looked like a metal mouth to Talbot.

  • @chieften333 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1878657#Comment_1878657

    That was just trapper, the metal teeth in the mask looked like a metal mouth to Talbot.

    Really? Talbot's kinda dumb then, how could he not see that was a mask?

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1878669#Comment_1878669

    Really? Talbot's kinda dumb then, how could he not see that was a mask?

    To be fair the man was just in an opium den writing "Death is only the beginning," in his own blood on the wall.

    At that point he has absolutely no idea what's going on.

  • @chieften333 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1878822#Comment_1878822

    To be fair the man was just in an opium den writing "Death is only the beginning," in his own blood on the wall.

    At that point he has absolutely no idea what's going on.

    Yeah I guess that's fair, he was pretty cracked at the time.

  • Yeah it felt weird seeing challenges for Clown on a tome he wasn't part of no idea why they did it other then he had an outfit but that makes no sense since he had a cosmetic a while back but there weren't any challenges for him there so it just seems like they might of done it just for filler since they didn't know what challenges to but there

  • I'd rather they not make people play clown, why not have a spirit rift or a freddy one before they give him the viking funeral. it'll pick up survivor queues briefly. definitely won't be buying that rift myself, though I'd already decided not to buy any more since I don't wanna play the killers any more even for rifts so without afking wraith 24/7 I'd never finish another rift anyways.

  • @SocialDistomancy said:

    I'd rather they not make people play clown, why not have a spirit rift or a freddy one before they give him the viking funeral. it'll pick up survivor queues briefly. definitely won't be buying that rift myself, though I'd already decided not to buy any more since I don't wanna play the killers any more even for rifts so without afking wraith 24/7 I'd never finish another rift anyways.

    They already did make people play him. They had challenges and everything for him in the tome.

  • @chieften333 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1878869#Comment_1878869

    They already did make people play him. They had challenges and everything for him in the tome.

    I left in late 2016 and only came back around the pyramid head release and the bamboozle effect on vault abuse so I must have missed that one or didn't care about it if I had seen it. Come to think, that must be that silly bunny ear looking clown costume that I see once in a while that came from it now that I think about it. No way they'd make me play him though, I leave killer on 3 dailies and forget they exist now if they keep rerolling killer lmao.