Any Tips on Playing The Twins?

I have to say there is something very satisfying about playing them, but I am SO bad it’s literally hilarious. 😂 I have almost 5k hours in this game and I’m not ashamed to admit when I am bad. Lol

So far I noticed when using Victor you have to back up from the pallet in order to pounce over. Also (while this is one of my least favorite things to do - Slug) I try not to depend on that too much.

Anyway, some tips would be nice from anyone out there who has some experience with them. Like I said I have been having fun with them but just need a lot of practice x.x

Thanks!

Comments

  • If you're right up against the survivor as Victor it's pretty reliable to get him on the survivor, but a lot of players like going after injured ones with Victor to just get a down and maintain control. I play differently from everyone else by mainly using Charlotte and using Victor to guard areas, so experimentation can definitely work.

    I will say perks don't effect/work with Victor, which is a double edged sword.

  • @Heartbound said:

    If you're right up against the survivor as Victor it's pretty reliable to get him on the survivor, but a lot of players like going after injured ones with Victor to just get a down and maintain control. I play differently from everyone else by mainly using Charlotte and using Victor to guard areas, so experimentation can definitely work.

    I will say perks don't effect/work with Victor, which is a double edged sword.

    @Heartbound

    Since I don’t have many perks on them yet, I started using Discordance, so I down my first survivor and if I see discordance go off, I send Victor and get at least one injured. It’s been working out really well.

    My main issues are with the pounce on Victor and like when to switch and not to switch, and I am slowly learning sometimes it’s better not to send him out.

    I wish Charlotte got a speed boost kind of like when Wraith comes out of cloaking, she feels sluggish and slow right after switching. Lol

  • I didn’t like them at all, but I did relatively well with them.

    Using victor as a finisher was the play. M1 with Charlotte then finish them off. Using victor as the first hit ends with him being stolen a lot of the time. Sloppy butcher seems like their best perk. Slugging everybody if possible was best since getting downs 1 by 1 takes way too long with them to win. That or proxy camping.

    If you set victor up at the hook before you hook someone you can bypass the anti proxy camping stipulation put in place by the game.

    I think the best addons were the Toy Sword and Forest Stew, for faster charge time and a faster Victor.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1878021#Comment_1878021

    @Heartbound

    Since I don’t have many perks on them yet, I started using Discordance, so I down my first survivor and if I see discordance go off, I send Victor and get at least one injured. It’s been working out really well.

    My main issues are with the pounce on Victor and like when to switch and not to switch, and I am slowly learning sometimes it’s better not to send him out.

    I wish Charlotte got a speed boost kind of like when Wraith comes out of cloaking, she feels sluggish and slow right after switching. Lol

    I just want to be able to look around freely, even when slowed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    it seems like you understand what you need to improve on - knowing when to use victor and pouncing. both of which will come with experience and testing. see which playstyle works best for you, but i guarantee slugging and camping will be necessary to keep up with good survivors in any good playstyle

    @viden

    Thank you, yeah I understand the slugging part since by default Victor can’t pick up survivors so that means they need to stay slugged. This is the first time I am going to use Deerstalker as I’ve never used it on any killer, but a friend did recommend it.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1878047#Comment_1878047

    @viden

    Thank you, yeah I understand the slugging part since by default Victor can’t pick up survivors so that means they need to stay slugged. This is the first time I am going to use Deerstalker as I’ve never used it on any killer, but a friend did recommend it.

    I could also recommend sloppy butcher and STBFL.

    Sloppy:

    -Survivors stay injured for longer (obviously important to have more time to snowball with victor)

    -Greatly increases victor tracking abilities

    STBFL:

    -Avoid losing stacks with victor

    -Faster follow up with victor after hitting them as charlotte (works great with the "Tiny Fingernail" addon)


    Other tips:

    -If survivors try to kidnap victor,let them.Most of the time it's beneficial for you,it turns the game into a 3 vs 1 and their plan can backfire very quickly if you make the right plays.

    -Aiming the pounce with victor is similiar to demogorgon or a close range hatchet.Try to aim at a certain point and wait for the survivor to run into that,then pounce.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Don’t

    Kinda selfish of you to prevent people from taking your 1st place as best twin player,smh my head

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1878080#Comment_1878080

    Kinda selfish of you to prevent people from taking your 1st place as best twin player,smh my head

    🤣🤣🤣

    I am, if losing a lot is counted as winning.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1878053#Comment_1878053

    I could also recommend sloppy butcher and STBFL.

    Sloppy:

    -Survivors stay injured for longer (obviously important to have more time to snowball with victor)

    -Greatly increases victor tracking abilities

    STBFL:

    -Avoid losing stacks with victor

    -Faster follow up with victor after hitting them as charlotte (works great with the "Tiny Fingernail" addon)

    Other tips:

    -If survivors try to kidnap victor,let them.Most of the time it's beneficial for you,it turns the game into a 3 vs 1 and their plan can backfire very quickly if you make the right plays.

    -Aiming the pounce with victor is similiar to demogorgon or a close range hatchet.Try to aim at a certain point and wait for the survivor to run into that,then pounce.

    @OniWantsYourMacaroni

    Interesting. I already use sloppy on some of my killers so I know what you mean about using it for snowball potential.

    I have had a lot of survivors already try to take him hostage but they end up wasting more time than anything as I have found out.

    Thanks for the tips on the pounce, that’s currently what I keep practicing. Ngl there are certain times when, the hitboxes have kind of messed up my pounce, which is a bummer. I think just like with other killers who rely is precise aim due to the way some hitboxes can be on some objects, it’s going to take some practice.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I have to say there is something very satisfying about playing them, but I am SO bad it’s literally hilarious. 😂 I have almost 5k hours in this game and I’m not ashamed to admit when I am bad. Lol

    So far I noticed when using Victor you have to back up from the pallet in order to pounce over. Also (while this is one of my least favorite things to do - Slug) I try not to depend on that too much.

    Anyway, some tips would be nice from anyone out there who has some experience with them. Like I said I have been having fun with them but just need a lot of practice x.x

    Thanks!

    Don't unbind across the map.

  • @naughtyboyjames

    I figured that one out pretty early on...

    I got carried away as Victor and forgot about Charlotte 😂 until I was already really far.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1878227#Comment_1878227

    @naughtyboyjames

    I figured that one out pretty early on...

    I got carried away as Victor and forgot about Charlotte 😂 until I was already really far.

    Right it's so easy to forget, but having Charlotte stationary near by helps alot and helps you from relying solely on slugging .