Can't run game on high graphics anymore

I used to be able to run the game fine, but after yesterday I reset my pc and I can barely run the game on medium graphics. Any ideas on how to fix this and why the game is so laggy all of a sudden?

Comments

  • did you update the driver, update windows, or update the game between then and the restart or have you also noticed temps being higher after for some reason? you clean the dust out of the pc? check if background programs aren't running you forgot to close after boot, and do a malware scan some parts of malware don't show up until after the system reboots actually lol. if by reset you meant reinstall orblank state windows then check your driver settings too if you customized any of those to optimize and also use the most up to date gpu driver and not the one windows 10 think it knows better than you about when it auto installs it. Even when it's teh same driver version , that still elps some people believe it or not.

  • I downloaded some graphics drivers off of Geforce experience, nothing changed, and what i mean by reset is I factory reset my pc.

  • and what background apps would be some that I wouldn't want? I usually was able to play with Discord and Twitch in the background

  • @AmPuddin said:

    ??

    If you wanted him to respond to you, you should have replied to his comment instead of creating new comments of your own. He doesn't get a notification on those.

  • Did you try to verify your files?

    DBD in Steam-->Properties-->Local Data-->Verify

    (I dont know what exactly is written in English)

  • You are better off with Low graphics anyways.

  • Probably a hardware issue. Make sure your CPU temps are good.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Did you try to verify your files?

    DBD in Steam-->Properties-->Local Data-->Verify

    (I dont know what exactly is written in English)

    @AmPuddin said:

    I downloaded some graphics drivers off of Geforce experience, nothing changed, and what i mean by reset is I factory reset my pc.

    The other guy quoted might have the fix for your problem, since if you factory reset windows you will need to both catch windows back up on it's updates (just fire up windows update, and let it roll) and you may need some runtimes and other things installed whichc an both be brought up to date through windows updates with some and the steam installer for others. So verify file integrity, and in a worse case delete the game and install it fresh after updating windows fully (steam's should have installed those things on the game's first run ont he new windows if you save your library like I do but a fresh game install may still help when you have problems in these situations).

    There's clearly an issue with the game's install or some sort of runtime updates you need after the reset, since it likely put you back to older versions of some of them. There may even be some dx optimizations in more recent windows updates or builds, since I also have no clue which window build your pc set itself back to but I assume it's an older one.

    There's also the possibility if you didn't copy your app data folders from backing them up that you may have forgotten about some gameusersettings.ini optimizations you made and are now losing those benefits since you've had new folders and files created by the game in there. Since you're on pc, you can modify the top 7 or 8 settings in there the ones related to the graphic presets such as shadows and shaders and texture quality and draw distance. iirc, 0 is for low and 3 is for ultra. Lower the post process setting to 0 or to 1 (low or medium) and you should immediately get at least 5 or 6 fps back on most maps. Do not touch any other settings in any other file though or you risk a ban from lazy anticheat.