The Demogorgon | Making him overall a better Killer
IntroduCtion
The Demogorgon has a few issues, map pressure that isn't pressuring anybody, worthless stealth and really boring and bad add-ons. Currently The Demogorgon is being looked at by the Developers, but I still want to make their job slightly easier by suggesting these ideas that should make The Demogorgon a much better Killer.
Portals
Setting Speed
Reduced the Portal setting speed to 0.75 seconds from 1 second.
Travel Time / Map Pressure
Reduced the time it takes to traverse the Upside Down to 1 - 2 seconds from 1.5 - 3 seconds.
Stealth
Increased the duration of the Undetectable Status Effect after emerging from a Portal to 3 seconds from 2 seconds.
During the duration of the Undetectable Status Effect The Demogorgon's footsteps audio is reduced by 50 % and the hearing distance is decreased to 8 metres from 16 metres.
Map wide sounds other than traversing can be only heard by Survivors that are within 40 metres of The Demogorgon.
Add-ons
Rotten Pumpkin (Common)
Increases the total number of available Portals by 1.
Rat Tail (Common)
Decreases the time taken to open a Portal by 0.25 seconds. (Was -50 %)
Rat Liver (Common)
Increases The Demogorgon's movement speed while charging Of The Abyss by 9 %.
Black Heart (Common)
Increases Shred missed attack recovery speed by 0.25 seconds.
Viscous Webbing (Uncommon)
Increases the time taken by Survivors to seal a Portal by 1.5 seconds. (Was +14 %)
Sticky Lining (Uncommon)
Increases the radius in which Survivors can be detected with Of The Abyss by 2 metres. (Was +1.5 metres)
Rotten Green Tripe (Uncommon)
Increases Killer movement speed while traversing the Upside Down by 10 %. (Was +25 %)
Mew's Guts (Uncommon)
Increases Shred successful attack recovery speed by 0.25 seconds. (Was for missed Shred attacks and added 1 more Portal)
Successful Shred attacks inflict the Hemorrhage status effect on Survivors until fully healed.
Barb's Glasses (Uncommon)
Survivors under the effect of a portal suffers from the Blindness status effect. Once out of contact with the portal, this effect persists for 60 seconds.
(Was increases the power recovery speed of traversing the Upside Down by 1.5 seconds)
Violet Waxcap (Rare)
Increases the duration of the Undetectable status effect applied to The Demogorgon when emerging from a Portal by 1.5 seconds. (Was +0.5 seconds)
Thorny Vines (Rare)
Injured Survivors that seal a Portal suffers from the Deep Wounds status effect.
Increases the radius in which injured Survivors can be detected with Of The Abyss by 4 metres.
(Was increases the time taken by Survivors to seal a portal by 14 %. Increases the radius in which Survivors can be detected by Of The Abyss by 1.5 metres)
Eleven's Soda (Rare)
Increases the power recovery speed of traversing the Upside Down by 2 seconds.
Deer Lung (Rare)
Increases Killer movement speed while traversing the Upside Down by 20 %. (Was +40 %)
Brass Case Lighter (Rare)
Successful Shred attacks inflict the Mangled status effect on Survivors.
(Was survivors under the effect of a portal suffers from the Blindness status effect. Once out of contact with the Portal, this effect persists for 45 seconds)
Vermillion Webcap (Very Rare)
Increases the duration of the Undetectable status effect applied to The Demogorgon when emerging from a portal by 3 seconds. (Was +1 second)
Upside Down Resin (Very Rare)
Increases the time taken by Survivors to seal a Portal by 1.5 seconds. (Was +28 %)
You can activate and deactivate any Portal whenever you please by pressing the secondary power button when standing on a Portal.
Unknown Egg (Very Rare)
Increases the power recovery speed of traversing the Upside Down by 2 seconds. (Was -2.5 seconds)
Increases the total number of available Portals by 1.
Lifeguard Whistle (Very Rare)
Survivors under the effect of a Portal suffers from the Oblivious status effect. Once out of contact with the Portal, this effect persists for 45 seconds. (Was Exhausted status effect for 5 seconds)
Leprose Lichen (Ultra Rare)
Removes The Demogorgon's ability to traverse the Upside Down.
Injured Survivors within 16 metres of an inactive Portal have their Aura revealed.
Leprose Lichen trumps all other Portal related add-ons.
(Was Reveals aura of injured Survivors while traversing the Upside Down)
Red Moss (Ultra Rare)
Increases the duration of the Undetectable status effect applied to The Demogorgon when emerging from a Portal by 7 seconds. (Was 8 seconds)
Decreases the power recovery speed of traversing the Upside Down by 6 seconds. (Was 10 seconds)
The audio cue when traversing the Upside Down is removed.
I hope that these changes are good enough to make The Demogorgon a really good Killer, thank you for reading!
Comments
These are some great changes, especially the Leprose Lichen change. That's a great transformative addon. Only thing i'd suggest is maybe buffing the Undetectable from a portal to 4 seconds and making Leprose Lichen portals active by default as soon as you place them so the survivors can counter the aura reading.
Thank you for your feedback! I would say that Leprose Lichen already does have it's counter, and that counter is to heal, it only reveals injured Survivors!
Also it should be noted that most people want Rat Liver as base kit, I don't think it's needed that much as people think, before the Demo fix I would say something different, but now since his Shred is fixed and connects correctly I think it's not needed that much.
Slightly updated a few add-ons, I hope that all of them are somewhat useful.
and take out his footsteps
I don't know about your Barb's Glasses change. Blindness is just... not a very powerful effect. I honestly wouldn't be sad if he had zero addons that caused blindness. Though... it is better as a Yellow than how it is now as a Green.
I think I would prefer current Thorny Vines over your Thorny Vines. In my experience, since standing on a portal inflicts oblivious at base, Survivors almost never cleanse portals while injured. That means that you'd almost never inflict deep wounds. Also... once people know you have it they won't cleanse portals while injured. That might seem like an upside but sometimes you really want them to break your portals. Also, you'll only get it once per survivor at most and once per game vs SWFs.
I like your version of Leprose Lichen... but if Demo could just spin his camera while travelling, I'd also really like the current one. So... I'm not sure I want it replaced? Idk.
Great changes, I would just completely remove all of its mapwide sounds except for after it teleports and after someone gets hit and bring its footstep volume down to the level of the other Killers. I really like the Mangled add-on for Shred.
Thank you for the feedback!
I also don't like the Blindness Status Effect, but it seemed very fitting with Barb's Glasses.
Thorny Vines, you're kind of right, sometimes you want them to destroy your Portals, and with this they probably wouldn't do it while injured.
I like the idea of looking around with Leprose Lichen!