What ever happened to the Vanilla test?

This test was ancient btw, it was a test where the devs wanted the community to not use anything at all, or the "Vanilla Build" of a character

What was the reward for the participants? What was the outcome? Did the test ever happen? and most importantly, will it ever happen again?

Comments

  • You mean like run perkless survivors and perkless/add-on-less Killer?

    Sure, you could do that test but it wouldn't really prove or disprove anything. Even players with 5 mins in the game get a base perk from whatever survivor/Killer they choose. Right from the start, you would be fudging the numbers doing a test like this.

    There were tournaments done (not a test, but as close as this is going to get) and the Killer gets demolished unless they play Nurse. Even then, it is a tough game.

  • @Moxie said:

    You mean like run perkless survivors and perkless/add-on-less Killer?

    Sure, you could do that test but it wouldn't really prove or disprove anything. Even players with 5 mins in the game get a base perk from whatever survivor/Killer they choose. Right from the start, you would be fudging the numbers doing a test like this.

    There were tournaments done (not a test, but as close as this is going to get) and the Killer gets demolished unless they play Nurse. Even then, it is a tough game.

    Yes to the perkless survivors and killer stuff, however what I mean was a test was this

    image.png


  • Yeah I remember that, I remember that selected participants were given auric cells, but nothing ever came out of that.

  • @Yords said:

    Yeah I remember that, I remember that selected participants were given auric cells, but nothing ever came out of that.

    Really? I honestly thought this was meant to be something important but alas, I was wrong like usual


  • Ahh. I forgot about this.

    Likely in the data graveyard with Bloodlust experiment. For some reason, they like to tell us these studies are happening, but then never tell us the results or any info whatsoever.

    It is getting sad and tragic at this point.

  • The results weren't made public afaik.

    However, I can pretty much tell you how vanilla DbD would go after given a little time to settle. Survivors play super immersed and hold m1 as much as they can. When found, they pre-drop every pallet in existence. Killers camp and tunnel the ######### out of the first soul they find. Rinse'n'repeat.