Please buff / change the Fragrant Tuft of Hair addon.
The addon seems to only be useful for the Evil Incarnate achievement, aaand that's about it. I have that achievement completed, and it was hell. I thought what made it hellish was killing everyone by hand, but no, after trying Fragrant Tuft of Hair many times on it's own I've realized it's the stalking speed that's hellish. It's definitely not worth it.
Even when going against fairly bad players, most of the trial is spent without a power; and because you don't have the time to stand around and stalk as much as the addon requires, so the power usually activates when there's one gen left, if you're lucky. Granted, if there is one gen left, AND you've been timing your stalking really well, then it's basically game over.
But, what's the use when I can activate the power multiple times earlier in the match when it's more useful?
It would be great if it buffed your stalking speed as well, because sneaking up on survivors is pretty difficult. Especially since almost everyone you're matched up against when using this addon is has spine chill.
Comments
Buff the addon that gives Myers an unlimited ability to one-shot people? The stalking speed is supposed to be slow. You tier up to Evil Within 3 once and you're done, no more stalking needed for the rest of the match. Run other add-ons to supplement the stalking speed, fragrant tuft is fine as it is.
I tried many different combinations of addons and perks. Stalking from afar; stalking up close; playing as a basic attack killer, and only stalking when I'm about to bail on a chase, or when someone drops a pallet etc.. The only real variety in approach is when you choose to stalk, but ultimately, this addon basically makes you play without a power the majority of the match. No matter what the case may be, playing without Fragrant Tuft of Hair will always net a better result. You might argue, 'then don't use it?' Except, it's a pink addon, which are supposed to be the best addons for killers, except in this case it's mostly useless.
Tombstone Piece/Judith's Tombstone + Fragrant Tuft of Hair
Build would be Corrupt, PWYF, Discordance, and Tinkerer. Spend the entirety of the match gaining PWYF stacks and use the information you got from the 2 last perks to find survivors and stalk them. Then in the late game, the fun begins since you'll never lose PWYF stacks nor will you ever fall out of EW III
I used a build similar to this to get the evil incarnate trophy, and it's about as hard as it is just using Fragrant Tuft of Hair by itself. At red ranks, generators flyby waaaay too fast for this addon to be useful. My whole point of making this post is that this addon is only useful in one scenario, the one you're describing, basically. I think an addon should be useful in more situations than that; at least every time I tried it, every time I would have been better off without Fragrant Tuft of Hair.
Ah, I see the problem. You don't like add-ons that limit your playstyle. Someone once made a thread regarding changes to Renjiro's Bloody Glove and frankly, the comments there would rather have those changes moved to Iri Family Crest (Which is utterly terrible). The reason is because the glove gave Oni players a brand new playstyle that lets them use a different set of perks and add-on.
With Myers, his add-ons also lets him play differently. You got Evil Incarnate Myers (Fragrant Tuft of Hair and Tombstone), Jumpscare Myers (Scratched Mirror and Boyfriend's Note), and Burger King Myers (Judith's Tombstone and Vanity Mirror. This is basically Myers hard more). If you really want to change a problematic playstyle changing add-on for Myers, Vanity Mirror is a lot more problematic that Fragrant Tuft of Hair. Seriously, at least Iri Family Crest doesn't hinder you. Vanity Mirror literally lets you play hard mode.
Yeah, you feel me. I guess I'm just surprised that they don't want addons to be used for more than one thing. I guess that's why I don't play myers much. I love Ghostface, though. Also, I've never used Vanity mirror, like... eff that! Well, I guess since I'm trying a bunch of Myers builds, maybe I should give those a shot.
Tombstone piece and fragrant tuft of hair is a bad combo. The tombstone piece will still end your tier 3 even if it's unlimited