Scott puts things into perspective

Scott Jund is a really good content created and he made comparisons to show how truly little behaviour does in 3 months compared to smaller teams with the same content release schedule.


https://youtu.be/OhjNIKpZZy0

Comments

  • Hopefully the devs see this post. Not like it's actually gonna change anything but maybe they will give the whole situation some thought. It's not a dev-only problem, of course, but yeah. Very few games could actually get away with the kinda stuff that DBD /is/ getting away with, lol.

  • DBD devs are super lazy and incompetent, it’s embarrassing. I used to buy every single DLC they release, I used to support this game and spend hundreds of dollars on Auric Cells. I stopped doing all that a few months ago. I did not buy Descend Beyond, I did not buy A Binding of Kin, the last skin I bought was almost a year ago. There’s no way I’m spending any more of my money on this game because I feel like it’s all going to waste. This will go on until I feel the game and the devs deserve the support.

  • I'll be honest, how is it possible that in 5 years(close of them) and today, BHVR will be more than 500 employees and that the core of the game, the game we all play 1vs4, the mechanics are still the same? I understand what DBD is, but .. can't it improve? Introduce new mechanics to the game, new objectives, this would be incredible for DBD, but at this rate ... the 5 year will pass and the game will remain the same, skins, change 5 or 6 perks, 100 skins, new killer ... and thus we will enter an endless loop. Smaller teams release more content than this game, I'll never understand, but the reason is competition, BHVR doesn't care about its players and its community, they only keep what they have with the same content after 3 months.


    I'm still waiting for the "new mechanics" that they announced in the 4th anniversary (early game) for the game, we are in February and we don't know anything, but the game continues to update like 1-2 years ago with the same content ... it is Boring to be repairing generators more than 5 years, please more innovation for this game ..

  • i definitely feel like BHVR would make DBD a lot better if they added a certain amount of hours they HAVE to work instead of just "work when you feel like" cause on one hand that means crunch is basically non-existent and stress levels will be low but on the other hand it means nothing gets done

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1871081#Comment_1871081

    CD Projekt Red (Cyperpunk 2077, Witcher) focused too much on getting new players with their Gwent game, had to completely remake it and lost a huge portion of their playerbase. First they lost their core players because they catered to the newer/casual players, which made the game too easy - it's a strategy card game. Then, because they took this design strategy so much to heart, they made the choice to completely rebuild the game from the ground up. Most of the core players came back, but they lost a big portion of players.

    To me it seems like BHVR is going down that path, making the game easier for survivors, especially newer ones; while also making the game more challenging for killers to do well. I've seen a lot people posting that they're ready to abandon the game - they're long time players, too. Sometimes I even sit there staring at my perks trying to find a new fun build, but I know if I don't run a bunch of anti-gen perks I'm gonna get stomped for the most part unless I play Nurse/Spirit/Billy.

    Sometimes I think it's not that they are getting lazy, or don't want to make their game the best it can be... but it's that they're hitting a ceiling with their skill levels. There have been Dev streams where Devs have literally said that 'the math is too hard to implement this.' Granted, it was one guy, and I'm sure they told him not to say that ever again. But it makes sense to me considering that they are focusing on cosmetic things lately, and other technical issues seem to remain unresolved.

    Yeah to me BHVR don't give a ######### about veteran players and their design decisions all back that up, I think many will be quitting sometime this year if the game continues in its current trajectory, although that loss will not just be be nullified but completely offsey by the gain of newbies, so ultimately it isn't in BHVR's interest to actually care, hence why they don't

  • @Gods_Lil_Reject said:

    I've been one of this game's biggest cheerleaders. I have over 1000 hours in the game, I've bought every DLC, and a skin for every Killer w/ the exception of The Twins. Believe me, I've spent plenty of time and money on this game. I've been willing to defend the devs/BHVR for a long time now, but even I'm getting rather tired of their lack of communication, misguided direction, and blatant laziness and greed. I used to play this game 24/7, but now I only play when something new is being added or when the rift actually has something decent to offer.

    I despise posts of people saying they're quitting the game, as it just comes across as entitled and narcissistic, but I'm honestly starting to see why. The Twins and 2020 Halloween Event were absolute disasters, and I'm very unimpressed with the changes brought to the PTB, which brought about a whole host of bugs as per usual. I understand the constraints brought on by the pandemic, but it seems to have only worsened the company's bad behavior. I will continue to love and support this game, but right now, I feel extremely let down.

    I've not made a post myself, but I've lost interest and in the last ~3 months my playtime has decreased by 4x on avg, I launched for the first time in 10 days for this PTB and after 30 mins of that concluded I'll likely hardly/not be touching the game until atleast the next chapter, not that I have faith I will (didn't even buy the twins, first I've chosen not to) but just because the updates are while ridiculously slow, also consistent, so atleast I know when the next content drop will be. I totally understand people who make quitting posts, there are many many many valid reasons to quit solely because of the dev practices

  • DBD is such a simple game with minimal development efforts, especially nowadays where the only content that is provided comes in form of DLCs which include new characters, perks and sometimes a new map. As an ARK Modder myself I can create content of that size and quality single handedly in a matter of a few days. More or less reskins of existing characters, new maps and new perks, not exactly that complex with access to the dev kit.

    To me it's blatantly obvious, it's all about keeping the game alive for as long as possible with minimum efforts to make the most money out of it without investing too much.

    Quite shocking if you consider that the game is turning 5 this year and still hasn't managed to leave alpha if you look at the development state of the game.

    How is that possible?

    a) because of you - you keep supporting them

    b) because there is no real competitor, you have no choice but to support them if you want to play games like DbD

    ...and it's been like that for almost 5 years now. BHVR is incredibly lucky and they know that.

  • This hasn't been taken down yet? I'm very surprised. Usually, it would've disappeared into the feedback void.

  • The thing,I notice the community is very restless, any change usually ends with one side unhappy.When dev's do fix things, it's a short window, then here comes a thousand other complaints.Who ever is the discord guy or girl ,you should all get together make a list of what's really effecting gameplay.That way you can give this to a Fog Whisperer and hopefully they will address it.Also don't suggest nerfs for the love of God do not touch another killer.

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    The thing,I notice the community is very restless, any change usually ends with one side unhappy.When dev's do fix things, it's a short window, then here comes a thousand other complaints.Who ever is the discord guy or girl ,you should all get together make a list of what's really effecting gameplay.That way you can give this to a Fog Whisperer and hopefully they will address it.Also don't suggest nerfs for the love of God do not touch another killer.

    I think both sides would be happy if they would put more effort and work into their updates. The saddest part about this is that fog whisperers do have the option to use their voice and show the devs the video and question them why they do things like this, but they don't. Scott Jund can even do it and ask that on the fog whisperer discord server, but he chooses not to.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1873721#Comment_1873721

    I think both sides would be happy if they would put more effort and work into their updates. The saddest part about this is that fog whisperers do have the option to use their voice and show the devs the video and question them why they do things like this, but they don't. Scott Jund can even do it and ask that on the fog whisperer discord server, but he chooses not to.

    Ultimately it seems like the best way to be heard,but I don't know if they even listen to those guy's.Tru3 has suggested many things on behalf of killer's and gameplay wise,it could be that there's a boundary between the dev's and the Fog Whisperers ,because they are technically employed, I guess by Behaviour but the may keep the relationship to a bare minimum, but it's probably the best to be heard.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1873721#Comment_1873721

    I think both sides would be happy if they would put more effort and work into their updates. The saddest part about this is that fog whisperers do have the option to use their voice and show the devs the video and question them why they do things like this, but they don't. Scott Jund can even do it and ask that on the fog whisperer discord server, but he chooses not to.

    I mean even if people did voice themselves which already some did and not a little, just look at how much the requests for accesibility options or answers about them are being ignored, great ideas out there, they're all ignored too, no matter what you say or how eloquent you sound, they're not gonna just work harder if they're not pressured to.

    0 competition, it's been years, updates come at the pace of a snail and with the depth of a puddle, we're talking about a goddamn number change for some perks and they take months for that, this is not acceptable in a quality team.

    It's just astounding to me that some people settle with their minimalistic efforts and rewards they give for ranking up, or the rift which was a terrible idea already, more grind over grind, as long as so many players just decide to accept it and not try to change anything, it's gonna keep on going this way.

  • This game is so wierd, I swear somedays the game runs like butter,then some day's it's literall Hell.

  • @Gods_Lil_Reject said:

    I've been one of this game's biggest cheerleaders. I have over 1000 hours in the game, I've bought every DLC, and a skin for every Killer w/ the exception of The Twins. Believe me, I've spent plenty of time and money on this game. I've been willing to defend the devs/BHVR for a long time now, but even I'm getting rather tired of their lack of communication, misguided direction, and blatant laziness and greed. I used to play this game 24/7, but now I only play when something new is being added or when the rift actually has something decent to offer.

    I despise posts of people saying they're quitting the game, as it just comes across as entitled and narcissistic, but I'm honestly starting to see why. The Twins and 2020 Halloween Event were absolute disasters, and I'm very unimpressed with the changes brought to the PTB, which brought about a whole host of bugs as per usual. I understand the constraints brought on by the pandemic, but it seems to have only worsened the company's bad behavior. I will continue to love and support this game, but right now, I feel extremely let down.

    Yea 3k hours and with recent actions I dont know what is happening

    And that pipeline thing that was brought up seems odd because before it was hey here's an idea dose it seem good yes let's look into it a bit more is it game breaking no ok well test it

  • @druggedpug69 said:

    This hasn't been taken down yet? I'm very surprised. Usually, it would've disappeared into the feedback void.

    or just deleted for hatred or something

  • i'm still waiting for them to fix blight's POV but no,,, survivor animation more important

1 2 3 ›