Cross progress (PS4 & PC)
Hello,
I just joined the forums. I am wondering if Behavior is planning to add cross progress between ps4 and PC.
Becauseee... I bought all the dlc's on ps4 and mainly play on there aswell. But I would love to be able to play on PC aswell but I don't have the same dlc's and perk unlocked on PC.
The game is really grindy and I would hate it to have to buy all the dlc's again and to grind all the needed bloodpoints to unlock the perks... It's just not fun when you know you already have (almost) everything unlocked on the ps4 version of the game.
Is this coming in the (near) future?
I really hope so!! 😁 Hope to hear from you soon @behavior
Comments
Right now, there's only cross progression between Stadia & Steam with Switch joining that shortly.
We cannot guarantee that cross progression will come to any other platform in the future, we know it's a Community wish and it's something that is continually being worked on, but there's no guarantees of this happening.
Seems like it could be done fairly easily right? We would just need an account system. Where you login to behavior servers with your personal account wich has all the data stored?
I can't imagine that a big company like behavior would not be able to implement something like that. I understand that it would mean less income because no more cross platform buying of dlc's. But I think it will also mean a lot more people would play this game if progress is saved between platforms.
Anyway, thanks for the fast reply @MandyTalk
Fun fact, it is not bhvr's fault for not adding cross progression for ps4, it's on sony's end since they are usually a very stingy company.
Basically bhvr is doing what they can, sony on the other hand is just not letting them just yet since they will lose money for it.
I bought a PC for myself in December, been playing on PS4 up until then. I had all perks and a lot of skins etc. I found out there is no cross progression of any sort, so I had to buy it all again.
After buying the game, all dlc’s and some auric cells to buy my favourite skins again the total cost was almost 170 usd.
By far the the most expensive game I’ve ever bought. Lol.
I think I would have to buy for around 150$ aswell if I would start playing on pc again... I'm just a student with not a lot of time and money so I would love to continue with the dlc's and skins that I have from PS4 on the PC
No way.... Are you serious? Thats crazy...
Yeah man I'm in the same boat. Have everything unlocked on my Xbox account.
Started playing on Steam and having to restart all over again is just so tiring and unappealing. I understand why cross progression isn't really a think but man it doesn't help that sting of having to restart all over.
Can't tell if sarcasm but just in case, yes it is true, sony would lose money if people transfered to steam.
Yes. Sony is a very hard company to work with, at least when it comes to cross-play and cross-progression. I'm sure it's probably very easy for them to implement a Cross-Progression system. They just need permission from Sony and Microsoft.
Microsoft I imagine is probably fine with it. Sony doesn't like sharing their toys, or their data. Anything that might lose them money, they probably won't do it. Just look at how long it took for them to put Horizon Zero Dawn on PC.
Doesnt Sony let fortnite cod and them do it though?
It took alot of Backlash though. Sony wasn't even going to let their be cross-play on the PS4 version of Fortnite until the internet threw a fit.
They got a lot of hate because of those, so basically sony is just being a crybaby.
Let me tell you about Raid Shadow Legends. It is the most immersive, character driven RPG of 2021 already with thousands of amazing and powerful characters for you to collect and use.
Why would people hate logging into their fartnite and realizing, "I don't have to grind or buy most of this all over again... sweet" I was stoked to see my founders stuff carried over when I first tried it on psn.