Clown's Antidote; losing the speed boost?
Something that's not quite clear from the dev update: They say that the Antidote and the Tonic cancel each other out for survivors. What about The Clown himself, though? Will The Clown lose the Antidote speed boost if he goes into a Tonic cloud?
Comments
Well, Clown doesn't get any debuffs from the Tonic currently, so... I doubt it. The Entity probably protects him from the debuffs, at least lore-wise. Gameplay wise, that'd make him pretty bad.
The Clown will keep the speed boost even when passing through the Tonic.
For survivors, if they pass through both, then they won't be slowed down or sped up; they will remain at 100% speed and only get the woozy screen effect.
They said the antidote removes the slowdown and I think we saw that the slowdown overrides the speed if you touch it later. Clown will most likely be completely unaffected by the Tonic since that would be a very unnecessary and bad feature. Even if they do that mistake it won't likely make it to release.
The footage implied that the survivor who stepped through both clouds was both hindered and had haste, so I think it's more so that the Haste buff given will counteract the hindered debuff. It's not that bad the more I think about it, certainly could've been worse, but it will require a new learning curve involving when to and not to use the antidote.