Undying needed the change
Ruin/Undying was too much of an issue and I’m glad the devs are looking into it. Imo, Ruin was never issue by itself, it’s Undying that needed the change.
I really like the change as it removes the RNG factor and you can’t cleanse Ruin 4 times anymore which was so annoying.
Thrill of the Hunt can now see a use again. Current Undying is basically a much better tracking tool while also having the totems respawn. So why would anyone ever run Thrill of the Hunt over Undying?
I play both sides almost equally, maybe a little bit more of killer, and it’s way too annoying to go against and when I play killer, the games are too easy. I only ran this combination on 3 Pig game ever and that’s about it. I decided to not run it again as it was too broken and gave me easy wins.
Comments
The games are too easy? If you’re playing as Spirit, Blight, Nurse, or Billy yeah you can defend the totems. In fact, you don’t even really need them so much for the female killers.
The reaction to the changes so far haven't been that extreme. Most players knew and expected Undying was going to be changed in this PTB. Only a few really bullheaded individuals who were going to whine no matter what they did to the perk are unhappy right now.
Yes, they were too easy, even for Pig. The survivors probably got one gen done at best in those games.
Well obviously, who’s gonna be looking for a hex when they have to take a helmet off. The priorities are clear there.
Btw pig is the only killer who can objectively force survivors to complete a different task other then gens.