Unpopular Opinion: Exhaustion Perks are more annoying than DS

I never really understood the amount of hate Decisive Strike gets. I usually never get hit by it, nor when I have it equipped, it usually never gets used.

When I mean exhaustion perks, I am looking at mainly, sprint burst and Dead Hard. I personally believe that these perks might be the strongest in the game for survivors. It gives them a chance to make it to a safe loop or Spot on the map. At least Dead hard you can make some cheeky plays, but it’s pretty strong overall (when it works). Sprint Burst, my god, the amount of times this perk is a crutch for some players. Yeah, just Naruto run across the map, for free.

Killers, how do you counter these perks? Is Mindbreaker worth a slot? Idk, maybe I am just tired of going against Megs with Sprint burst.

Comments

  • Dead hard especially grinds my gears. It’s why I run Blood Echo or Mindbreaker so often.

    I don’t mind when someone uses dead hard to avoid a hit but to gain free distance after screwing up, are you kidding me?

  • When it's by itself I hate Dead Hard more than DS, but if DS is paired with UB than I hate it more.

  • @BattleCast said:

    Dead hard especially grinds my gears. It’s why I run Blood Echo or Mindbreaker so often.

    I don’t mind when someone uses dead hard to avoid a hit but to gain free distance after screwing up, are you kidding me?

    I forgot that blood echo existed. I still think that the cooldown number can be lowered to like 40 seconds. Why 60 lol.

  • Sprint Burst is low key the best exhaustion perk still. Always has been.

    Dead Hard is great when it works, but it’s also great at leaving you on the ground with exhaustion.

    Most of the time Dead Hard is easy to play around. Sometimes it’s used for distance but most of the time I find people trying to avoid hits with it, which is easy to bait out. It should be obvious if someone is baiting you to swing with Sprint Burst, the only thing you can do is not swing and keep moving forward to minimize the distance they gain.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Both perks can be somewhat countered just by not being baited into a swing. So, for Dead Hard, you can make sure not to lunge at them and only use your quick M1 until you're confident they don't have Dead Hard. For Sprint Burst, I look for survivors who are conspicuously walking as I approach. That's a clear tell that they're saving their Sprint Burst until I get close to try to bait a swing and miss, so I just make sure not to lunge at them early.

    Sprint Burst has a high ceiling, but in practice I think it's not as strong as it's made out to be; survivors tend to just waste time walking when they really shouldn't just to save / recharge their Sprint Burst. They'll also frequently wait for me to get right up next to them before using it to try to bait a swing and miss, which actually just limits the distance they make on me.

    Dead Harding for distance is something you can't really counter in some situations, so if it's really bothering you you could consider things like Clown's exhaustion bottles, Huntress's exhaustion hatchets, Mindbreaker, Blood Echo, etc. You could also just use a killer with an instadown so that survivors need to choose between staying injured all match and being vulnerable to an instadown while healthy (since they can't trigger their exhaustion perk).

    I usually never tend to struggle with Exhaustion perks when I play Bubba, that why I think he is a great killer. No, BL, DH or Lithe (unless they stayed injured, they usually don’t).

    Like OP said, I might just give Blood Echo a try, sounds a ton better than Mindbreaker (Mindbreaker could definitely be buffed to 10-15 seconds if we are being honest). Yeah, I should definitely finish my Exhaustion add-ons for Huntress and Clown right before that are changed. I am pretty sure they will.

  • Exhaustion addons are quite a good counter for DH, but are killer restricted.