The new Perk Rarities force the Bloodweb to give me specific perks ... kinda

20210105200355_1.jpg 20210105204449_1.jpg 20201215144351_1.jpg 20201215144427_1.jpg


This are screenshots taken from my P2 30 Tapp and my P1 19/20 Elodie. Since I use some different Icons for some perks, I wrote the name next to them, so everybody knows and doesn't need to ask.


Now to what I found out:

As you see, most of my perks are of the same tier. This happened because the Bloodweb (BW) gave me one yellow perk, then maybe one other, then those perks in green and repeat. Often enough it happened also on other characters that I needed to take a perk until tier 3 to get rid of it in my BW (no-one wants Buckle Up). If I did not take it, it would greet me again in the next BW. It would get a bit better after Lv 25 where you get 2 perks to chose from, but if I had a tier 3 perk in the BW as shown in the Tapp screenshot, that perk would come back 80% of the time. Even if there could be other perks to get on tier 3.

This causes you to get a ton of unwanted perks because they won't go away if you don't collect them.

I know that prestige helps a bit to get perks of higher rarity, but before the changing it was never that bad and the BW didn't put the same perk in, level after level, almost every time. It's the same on non-prestige or prestige characters, but it get's worse the higher your prestige is.

Here is a video from Otzdarva that shows exacty what I mean with this:

https://youtu.be/DYqHOTKKpXQ?t=325

He's getting Buckle Up (II) like 7 or 8 times in a row.

This should not happen at all even if he doesn't collect the perk and could be very frustrating for players who don't invest a lot of time to get everything on their characters. Even if you don't prestige it takes a long time to get what you want.

Could you please change up the algorithm a bit or "fix" that penetrant way the BW wants you to buy that perk like a salesman who sells vacuum cleaners?

Thank you and stay safe.


[Edit: Some new screenshots some levels later.

20210106152050_1.jpg 20210106152109_1.jpg 20210106152202_1.jpg

Perks at Lv 39:

20210106152214_1.jpg 20210106152218_1.jpg

As you see, I always got a tier 3 perk with a tier 1 perk. never a tier 2 perk. I got Self Care 2 at Lv 31 and then only tier 3 and tier 1 perks but even after I got new tier 1 perks it didn't give me any of them on tier 2 or 2 tier 1 perks.

I way lucky with Elodie's perks in the end, but I also got a lot of garbage till Lv 50 on other characters since 4.4.0.

End Edit]

Comments

  • I have also experienced the amazing way the bloodweb works by once getting lithe (while I was p3'ing Feng) eight times in a row after I had gotten it to tier two.

  • They probably structured it this way. It wasn't like this immediately after changing the rarities of perks, was it? Not sure, really. But, all of my characters are stuck with tier two perks until around level 35-40. I also noticed I don't really get any 100% BP bonus items until around level 35. I'm guessing this is all intentional.

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    They probably structured it this way. It wasn't like this immediately after changing the rarities of perks, was it? Not sure, really. But, all of my characters are stuck with tier two perks until around level 35-40. I also noticed I don't really get any 100% BP bonus items until around level 35. I'm guessing this is all intentional.

    I think it started working like this right after the rarity change. Its a bit frustrating to grind through all the bad perks -_-

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853787#Comment_1853787

    I think it started working like this right after the rarity change. Its a bit frustrating to grind through all the bad perks -_-

    It really is. Sometimes I think they're making it miserable, and at some point we'll be told it's because the entity is supposed to make things miserable. But, that's bull. It makes the game really obnoxious to progress through when you know you're forced down this really ######### track of progress. It's almost as if there shouldn't be a blood web to begin with, because it's not truly random!

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853787#Comment_1853787

    I think it started working like this right after the rarity change. Its a bit frustrating to grind through all the bad perks -_-

    @FellowKillerMain said:

    They probably structured it this way. It wasn't like this immediately after changing the rarities of perks, was it? Not sure, really. But, all of my characters are stuck with tier two perks until around level 35-40. I also noticed I don't really get any 100% BP bonus items until around level 35. I'm guessing this is all intentional.

    It started right after the rarity change in 4.4.0, but I wanted to test it on multiple characters before mentioning it here in the forums.

  • Yup, same thing noticed here.

    I have all the perks on both sides yet i'll almost always get the same ones until I max out to 3rd tier. Hopefully a bug.


    If this was an attempt to help us get perks to a higher level quicker, then sure, but what about being forced into taking lots of crap when we used to be able to just skip it for awhile?

  • @blue4zion said:

    Yup, same thing noticed here.

    I have all the perks on both sides yet i'll almost always get the same ones until I max out to 3rd tier. Hopefully a bug.

    If this was an attempt to help us get perks to a higher level quicker, then sure, but what about being forced into taking lots of crap when we used to be able to just skip it for awhile?

    I don't think it's a bug. I think it's an unintended outcome of changing the rarity without changing how the bloodweb populates perks.

    Before about half the perks at T1 were yellow rarity and the other half was green rarity. When you hit around the level when you start seeing green rarity perks appear in the bloodweb you would start seeing T1 perks from the other half of the perk pool. Now that all green rarity perks are T2, you will always see T2 perks appear once green rarity perks start to appear. Same thing happens when purple rarity perks can start to appear.

    Basically whatever perks you pick up at the start are bound to be the first perks you max simply due to how the new perk rarity system clashes with the bloodweb system.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854708#Comment_1854708

    I don't think it's a bug. I think it's an unintended outcome of changing the rarity without changing how the bloodweb populates perks.

    Before about half the perks at T1 were yellow rarity and the other half was green rarity. When you hit around the level when you start seeing green rarity perks appear in the bloodweb you would start seeing T1 perks from the other half of the perk pool. Now that all green rarity perks are T2, you will always see T2 perks appear once green rarity perks start to appear. Same thing happens when purple rarity perks can start to appear.

    Basically whatever perks you pick up at the start are bound to be the first perks you max simply due to how the new perk rarity system clashes with the bloodweb system.

    They should make it completely random which perks you get.