Reworking perks: Distortion
Distortion is a fun perk in my opinion and provides you with information on what aura reading perks and addons the killer has. The problem with it is that your tokens can be gone in an instant if the killer stacks a multitude of aura reading perks and addons. So in order to be more versatile i have a suggestion for a change.
Distortion
You start the trial off with 4 tokens
Whenever the killer reads your aura or you are revealed with killers instinct Distortion actives and a token is consumed.
For the next 10/11/12 seconds while distortion is activated your aura will not be shown to the killer or you won't be revealed with killers instinct. You also leave no scratch marks.
Distortion does not activate while in the dying state or affected by traps.
How is this buff? ( I wanted to make a change of it being activated while also in the dying state and effected by traps I don't know if it would be overpowered or not let me know of that's a acceptable change)
Comments
I would like to have a way to gain Tokens, for example, be in the Killer's Terror Radius for 45 seconds, so you trade being Undetectable by Killer's aura reading perks for being close to them and risking yourself being found more easily.
How is that a rework? It's a buff and not a rework. I don't like the idea.
I love the idea but 45 seconds is way too long, it should be 25 seconds or something. 45 seconds is the same duration it takes to be able to use Diversion.
Its just a name. Sometimes I won't rework perks but buff them. And I had this idea in mind in order to include more ways to hid from detection which led to this. I'm not sure is getting back the tokens would be overpowered or not which is why I didn't suggested it.
I just want Undying to only use up one charge per totem. I’d be perfectly content with that fix.
I was actually about to post this exact same topic! I was running distortion with quick and quiet and I realized I'm all ears is being used a lot more frequently now. This killer was using bbq, infectious fright, and I'm all ears. Seems like most of the work is done for you at that point. All 3 tokens were consumed in the first 3 minutes of the match. One hook and one chase that covered some distance. It needs 4 or more tokens or as another suggested, a way to earn more.