Remove Swamp Maps Until They Are Fixed
There are NUMEROUS pictures of the Swamp maps having random fat shames with the trees, and there is a killer only one on the small boat. Since they aren't fixing them, they need to disable the maps till they can get fixed. Just in the last game I was in, I got a free down, and lost two downs, to fat shames, all at different locations. It is nigh unplayable because you can never tell if you can go between certain rocks/trees or not.
Edit for Clarity: Fat Shame = Spot where there is clearly visibly enough room for people to fit, but for some reason, the objects in the environment prevent you from moving between them. Because they have larger models, there are also spots this can happen to killers, but not survivors. These become extremely exploitable.
Comments
I was so confused until I realized that by "fat shames" you mean spots where you can't run between two objects even though there's clearly enough room.
Yeah, the swamp maps have a lot of these. I tend to forget about them and go down to them once every few times I play on them, and when I play killer on them almost always at least one survivor will run into one of them and get ######### really for no fault of their own.
Yeah, sorry. Game slang.
Being entertaining is awesome, but you should probably try to be more clear when describing issues. Granted, I doubt these issues on swamp maps are lost on anybody. They're pretty terrible.
"Fat shames" is the term used and understood by the devs. It's not your fault if you didn't know that, but to assume they used that term to be entertaining is just wrong.
Pretty sure they use the terminology to be entertaining, as well. So, no it's not wrong to assume that the terminology is being used to be entertaining.
It's fine, I added the clarity.
k cool
Could say the same about the Coldwind maps with the uncleansable totems (at least I think this is still an issue, saw a post just earlier about it)
Yeah, I posted that before. That is a single issue though. Swamp maps have multiple fat shame spots. Though why they can't move the totems as a quick patch is beyond me.
Swamp Maps are the only maps I have this problem on. Multiple times I am getting chased and get stuck through rocks / trees which then causes the killer to block me in. I hope this gets done.
Swamp maps need more than the fat shames fixed though. Both maps are nothing but dead zones and gen locks, minus the main building on Grim Pantry.
Definitely. Swamp maps and Midwich are the only maps I know of that are disliked by both killers are survivors. (Aesthetically, Midwich is cool at least)
There is also a generator on the swap that shows 3 people can repair it but only allows 1.
I know one particular fat shame spot where a gen can spawn. I'm unsure if it's exclusive to one of the swamp maps or if it can happen on both, but the small ship that can sometimes have a gen on it can spawn in such a way that the killer can only get to it from one side, the other side it blocks them but survivors can get through just fine. Makes the gen fairly difficult to defend.
Killer only. I mention it in the first post. It is also exploitable, because a killer cannot catch a survivor there.