Are there bots now or something??

Just had a few games where I would have a teammate or two who would just have the weirdest pathing and they would just not do certain things properly like rescues/gens. It wasn't until last game that I noticed the username was "temp-*insert bunch of numbers here*"

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Zixology said:

    Just had a few games where I would have a teammate or two who would just have the weirdest pathing and they would just not do certain things properly like rescues/gens. It wasn't until last game that I noticed the username was "temp-*insert bunch of numbers here*"

    they just saved christmas

  • No those arnt bots. That person you were playing is just a noob lol.

    The TEMP-#### are people who have a name that did not follow the rules of online multiplayer. Meaning the name was offensive, too sexual, or vulgar. So they get banned from making a new name for a while and are given the name TEMP-#### until the ban is over and they can create a new username. The name stands for Temporary and numbers to identify every temp separately.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Interesting.

    What's your rank?

    Do you recall if your lobby ping was good/did they have the same name in the pre-game lobby?

    Rank 5

  • Nope there are definitely no bots, I'm presuming you are talking about the core game, not mobile at least.

  • @Spirez said:

    No those arnt bots. That person you were playing is just a noob lol.

    The TEMP-#### are people who have a name that did not follow the rules of online multiplayer. Meaning the name was offensive, too sexual, or vulgar. So they get banned from making a new name for a while and are given the name TEMP-#### until the ban is over and they can create a new username. The name stands for Temporary and numbers to identify every temp separately.

    kinda reminds me of the time I loved it when a steve in the sailor costume came into a lobby named Hex:ThrillOfThe**nt on steam and I lol'd pretty hard