An idea for how Keys and Moris should have worked
It's probably way too late for this now and it'll probably be fine this way now that they've nerfed ebony mori hard and keys are up next on the chopping block but my idea was to add new offerings that specifically disable moris and keys use in a trial much like how Sacrificial Ward rejects map offerings.
For killers they would get an offering that makes the hatch unable to be opened by keys (Keys could still be used however).
For survivors they would get an offering that makes them and only them (The survivor who brought that specific offering) unable to be mori'd.
Idk it was just a little idea I thought of when I heard someone say they wished there were more offerings but I'm personally okay with moris and keys (the hatch opening aspect) being nerfed into oblivion since they end games far too prematurely.
Let me know what you think of this idea or if you're okay with behaviors plans to nerf both in general.
Comments
"For killers they would get an offering that makes the hatch unable to be opened by keys (Keys could still be used however)."
Also, anything that permanently prevents a survivor from being mori'd in a match can't happen, as there is an achievement related to mori'ing all four survivors in one match.
If something's overpowered, it should be addressed directly. Bandaid fixes like this aren't really that healthy for the game in the long run.
The sacrifical ward isn't that useful, because nobody knows when a map offering is going to be burnt. The same problem would extend to the anti-mori offering you suggested.
I'm glad BHVR nerfed moris and I hope they do a good job with nerfing the keys.
For aura reading purposes. Sorry I didn't specify that LOL
You just couldn't open hatch with key.
Ah, ok! People would be quite upset bringing in an item that can't fulfill its primary purpose, though. Basically what Reverse said about about the Sacrifical Ward offering also (people can toxic switch to keys, it was a broken key all along, etc.).
No no, it's all good I feel what you guys are saying. Like I said I just can't wait for keys to get their rework so hopefully both mechanics are discouraged / can still be used on niche occasions.
This whole offering idea was just something that came to mind when I heard someone wishing for more offering items lol.
There is an achievement based on all four survivors escaping through the hatch! You think an offering where keys can't open hatch is gonna enable that! Take the hits as they come, killers, or no one takes hits at all... it's the sad truth
Valid point! Depending on what they do to keys, the achievement would have to be reworked also. But I've seen elsewhere on these forums that Sony and Microsoft will not change the criteria for achievements, unless they are completely unattainable anymore.
In the end I think, as far as keys are gonna go, the nerf might result in keys being a one survivor use thing! This means a whole lobby would need keys to get the achievement! But I dont really know lol