What are the perks of prestiging

I'm currently playing a level 50 Nea that has been prestiged once already, with no noticeable differences from before I prestiged. And I'm just wondering if there is any real reason to prestige?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • You prestige for the cosmetics, no other difference

    • is a cosmetic
    • very very very slight increase in bloodweb node rarity
    • gives you something else to grind for if youve played too much

    Only reason I still play rn is to grind things, to be honest; without it I probably would've quit a while back.

  • @Kalec84 said:

    You prestige for the cosmetics, no other difference

    So besides cosmetics there's no differences. Alright..strange but acceptable

  • Supposedly you get better items in the bloodweb, but I am hearing conflicting reports as to how noticeable it is.


    My main issue with prestiging is you get a specific item with blood on it. I wish it was a bloody flair that could go over what you have now. I run my Meg with the red hair top and the white jacket chest. I would prestige if I could splatter those with blood, but sadly that is not how it works.

  • Bloody clothes that if you wear will get you tunneled.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    • is a cosmetic
    • very very very slight increase in bloodweb node rarity
    • gives you something else to grind for if youve played too much

    Only reason I still play rn is to grind things, to be honest; without it I probably would've quit a while back.

    I think your 2nd point is lacking about 7 more very's, but this'll do. ๐Ÿ˜œ

  • Players who prestige are ever so slightly cooler than those that don't, that's about it.

  • There was talking in the last anniversary stream that they might add new prestige rewards.

    there was an outcry against it though (as with literally everything they talk about) so who knows if it still is planned or not..

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1839705#Comment_1839705

    I think your 2nd point is lacking about 7 more very's, but this'll do. ๐Ÿ˜œ

    Sorry my r key broke and I didn't think to copy paste

  • I do hope that they add more incentive to prestige as time goes on.

  • @shalo said:

    Players who prestige are ever so slightly cooler than those that don't, that's about it.

    It doesn't feel cool to prestige though. I mean, the bloody clothing is cool. But starting a hard worked on character over again for said bloody clothing and nothing else doesn't really feel worth it

  • @AbstractSaucing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1839738#Comment_1839738

    It doesn't feel cool to prestige though. I mean, the bloody clothing is cool. But starting a hard worked on character over again for said bloody clothing and nothing else doesn't really feel worth it

    I disagree, seeing the bloody clothes fills me with such a pride! I don't even mind restarting their grind, makes getting those teachables on them just that lil bit easier :))

  • For me, it's simple. Once I'm P3, I don't have to worry about ever losing any event items because I'm already maxed out. If I decide to prestige another survivor later, I will lose out on any event items I had for them. With a P3 survivor, I don't.