DBD PS5
So I finally unboxed my ps5 after it sitting in the box for months. I'm a little confused. I downloaded the ps5 upgraded version, but didn't download the ps4 version. My trophies didn't transfer etc. Does that really matter or they can't transfer? Do I even need the ps4 downloaded version? It's all digital BTW!
Comments
They can’t transfer because the console considers them as 2 separate games
So you have to get all the trophies again? If so Wow
Yes. You have to get the trophies again. Not a big deal, IMO.
the pros (game runs amazing) out weights the con of not having trophies transfer over.
Is that so surprising?
This was no different than with cross gen PS3 & PS4 games. Trophies for PS3 games that had a PS4 version of the game didn’t transfer either.
Yeah seeing how, Microsoft built a system that transfers you're achievements. Sony just being lazy I guess.
I wasn't there gaming ,when we first crossed over to next last console release,so it is kind of surprising.
So guys should I also download the ps4 version or I'm good with just the ps5 version?
Stick to the ps5 version, you don't get the trophies so save you some time, Internet speed, and another read/write cycle on your SSD.
Thank you for the help. One more thing, cross play/save between ps5/ps4 good?
I don't personally own a PS4/PS5 so this is just from what I've heard from other people but yes, go for it. Don't start again.
Yes, everything carries over. All you need to do is equip perks for every survivor and killer because they're all blank. Gotta make loadouts for everyone again.
Some PS3 and PS4 games didn’t require you to start over. Resident Evil 1 Remake has them on the same trophy list.
Also some PS4 to PS5 games have the trophies transfer when you switch (COD: Cold War, Destiny 2, and Spider-Man Remastered for examples), so it is possible, but BHVR said they couldn’t do it right now because of technical limitations.