Do you think the devs have done something about the grind and the bloodweb before 2022?

The title sums everything up lol

Comments

  • Adding more perk options to post-40 webs actually did help a lot for players who have already put a bunch of time into the game. But it does nothing to ease the grind for new players, or help them come to grips with putting together even a single decent build or learning how to actually play, without significant research and/or blind grinding. Also, the problem just keeps getting worse with every chapter, because they add six new perks every quarter. They have to rework this system because it is getting crushed under its own weight.

    I think they should do all of the following:

    • Compress all perks into a single rank apiece.
    • Decouple all perks from bloodwebs.
    • Award a character one Perk Token every time they clear a bloodweb.
    • Allow that character to spend a Perk Token to purchase one perk of their choice, from all of the perks the player has unlocked (common perks and teachable perks).
    • Reduce teachable perk thresholds from levels 30-35-40 to something like 15-20-25.

    This would still tie perks to bloodweb progression, while allowing players a lot more agency in what perks they get. Lowering the threshold for unlocking new perks would also really incentivize playing and leveling a lot of different characters. And, it would make prestige a more tempting thing to commit to, since you would be able to get your prestiged characters up to speed more reliably. Bloodwebs would still remain a vital thing that players are deeply incentivized to churn through, because they would still be vital for items and add-ons.

    And, maybe don't award characters Perk Tokens if they own all perks; make the limit exactly the amount that would allow the character to buy all current perks, so that a character can't just bank infinite tokens for every future expansion ahead of time.

  • @Rydog said:

    Adding more perk options to post-40 webs actually did help a lot for players who have already put a bunch of time into the game. But it does nothing to ease the grind for new players, or help them come to grips with putting together even a single decent build or learning how to actually play, without significant research and/or blind grinding.

    I think they should do all of the following:

    • Compress all perks into a single rank apiece.
    • Decouple all perks from bloodwebs.
    • Award a character one Perk Token every time they clear a bloodweb.
    • Allow that character to spend a Perk Token to purchase one perk of their choice, from all of the perks they have unlocked.
    • Reduce teachable perk thresholds from levels 30-35-40 to something like 15-20-25.

    This would still tie perks to bloodweb progression, while allowing players a lot more agency in what perks they get. Lowering the threshold for unlocking new perks would also really incentivize playing and leveling a lot of different characters. And, it would make prestige a more tempting thing to commit to, since you would be able to get your prestiged characters up to speed more reliably. Bloodwebs would still remain a vital thing that players are deeply incentivized to churn through, because they would still be vital for items and add-ons.

    And, maybe don't award characters Perk Tokens if they own all perks; make the limit exactly the amount that would allow the character to buy all current perks, so that a character can't just bank infinite tokens for every future expansion ahead of time.

    I don't think you read the title correctly lol. I asked if you think the devs have done something about the grind and the bloodweb before the start of 2022.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835362#Comment_1835362

    I don't think you read the title correctly lol. I asked if you think the devs have done something about the grind and the bloodweb before the start of 2022.

    Well, I did point out that the change to perk selection was something. As far as what they will do, if anything, in 2021... who knows. But this is my suggestion for what they could do in 2021 to make the game a lot more accessible in this regard.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835362#Comment_1835362

    I don't think you read the title correctly lol. I asked if you think the devs have done something about the grind and the bloodweb before the start of 2022.

    Who knows mate do we look like the devs.

  • Did I say that you have to know the answer? The thread was all about speculation and nothing more.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    The title sums everything up lol

    Nah, and put me in the group that doesn’t think a change is needed and probably counterproductive. I will probably disagree with any prescriptions that make the game easier.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835372#Comment_1835372

    Did I say that you have to know the answer? The thread was all about speculation and nothing more.

    If I said yes would that help you sleep better?

    Yes.

  • What's your problem? Grow up and stop being such a baby!

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835411#Comment_1835411

    What's your problem? Grow up and stop being such a baby!

    Rude I answered your question with similar effort.

  • They'll never do what is needed.

    They'll do something incredibly minor; but add so many new perks it makes said minor thing moot anyways.

    Unless they do something major like...remove perk levels entirely and have all perks be rank 3 only/always I don't see the grind ever being addressed. It will just get more and more grindy until new players start getting turned off the game entirely.