Detention - What would you make it do?

For those of you that don't know, around July 2016, three icons were added to the game's files. One perk, one item and one Killer Power. They were believed to be added to fuel speculation about the first chapter killer, which would turn out to be the Nurse, but these icons suggested a teacher themed killer.

Here are the three icons:

Detention - The Killer's Power

image.png

Underperform - The killer's Perk

image.png

Trapple - The New Survivor Item

image.png

So I'm wondering, just for fun, what do you think any of these would've done? I'd love to hear your ideas!

Comments

  • Underperformed would definitely be like an anti-resilience, where everything the survivor does is done slower. Everything meaning vaulting repairs sabo healing etc. Everything.

    Detention would need a bit of thought but honestly I could see it working like PH's cages. You can send them to a place of "Detention" which would be like a hook state etc etc. As for something else it'd do, I don't know.

  • Trapple could work like a Bear Trap for Survivors. I'd make it a rare or very rare item since my suggested effect is pretty strong.

    Trapple:

    - Press the active ability button while holding a Trapple to place it onto the floor (not dropping like a normal item with the drop prompt).

    - Placing a Trapple takes 4 seconds

    - If the Killer steps onto the Trapple he will be stunned for 4 seconds.

    So you could use this at loops to make them safer (especially unsafe loops or choke points so the Killer either has to go around or step in it).

    My first suggestion would be that you could throw it mid chase but that would make it a bit to strong since you could just run trough a tight gap, drop it and the Killer can't do anything about it.

    So I made it with a required setup time so it requires thought and time outside of a chase.

    Another Survivor could still place it while another Survivor is looping to make the Killer run into it, but be cautious. If a Survivor steps in it they will lose a health state, so don't mistime it.

  • I think Trapple would let survivors see the auras of traps set by the killer (Or maybe even remove some traps?)

    Underperform would probably apply a speed penalty for cleansing totems and generator repairs.

    Not sure about Detention.

  • I feel like Detention would be like a secondary M1 hit. If a survivor is healthy they will become injured, but cannot be downed by it. So then it slows down Vaults, Heal, Locker Entries, Chest Searches, Unhooks, and the Oblivious status effect is gained. (No gen, something about Forever Freddy idk.)

    Underperforming could be an early-game perk. If a survivor hasn't done a generator, all action speeds are slowed down until they complete one.

    I don't know about the Trapple.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Underperformed would definitely be like an anti-resilience, where everything the survivor does is done slower. Everything meaning vaulting repairs sabo healing etc. Everything.

    Detention would need a bit of thought but honestly I could see it working like PH's cages. You can send them to a place of "Detention" which would be like a hook state etc etc. As for something else it'd do, I don't know.

    I like the idea of the anti-resilience. Having a perk that decreased vaulting speeds would be a first.