Not sure if Bug on Blood Favor

Two times in the same game a killer hooks the survivor my gen exploded as if hit by Surge, the gen gets gripped by Thrilling Tremors, and then I get a Blood Favor icon of all things.

I get that you can Surge then Thrill if the killer is nearby and downs a survivor, but in this case the killer is far away and it still blows and it happens on hook, not on down or pickup. And no palettes were locked.

It was very, very weird.

Comments

  • Surge would only proc if you were in the 32 meters of a downed survivor, it shouldn't proc on hooked survivors.

    Did it happen right as the Survivor was hooked, or maybe a few seconds after. If after, it might've been Oppression that made the gen explode. Was there a difficult skillcheck?

    But that wouldn't explain Thrilling, or the Blood Favor thing.

    I have no idea how to explain this. Either a really, really weird bug or maybe hacks? Did you happen to see the Killer's Loadout?

  • I don't think it was blood favor since that doesn't show up as an icon, however similar icon that does show up as a perk down there is dead mans switch

    image.png


  • @bjorksnas said:

    I don't think it was blood favor since that doesn't show up as an icon, however similar icon that does show up as a perk down there is dead mans switch

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GO38ME6LTBDE/image.png

    Dead Man's Switch! I forgot that perk existed. Yeah, that probably explains it, they have very similar art - at least similar enough where one could mistake one for the other if it was just a tiny symbol in the corner. So it was probably Dead Man's Switch + Surge/Oppression. Probably, anyways.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831464#Comment_1831464

    Dead Man's Switch! I forgot that perk existed. Yeah, that probably explains it, they have very similar art - at least similar enough where one could mistake one for the other if it was just a tiny symbol in the corner. So it was probably Dead Man's Switch + Surge/Oppression. Probably, anyways.

    I remember all tis a curse of knowledge

  • @NomiNomad said:

    Surge would only proc if you were in the 32 meters of a downed survivor, it shouldn't proc on hooked survivors.

    Did it happen right as the Survivor was hooked, or maybe a few seconds after. If after, it might've been Oppression that made the gen explode. Was there a difficult skillcheck?

    But that wouldn't explain Thrilling, or the Blood Favor thing.

    I have no idea how to explain this. Either a really, really weird bug or maybe hacks? Did you happen to see the Killer's Loadout?

    There was no skill check, which is why I thought it would be Surge, except it procced on hook as I recall. It was a really weird thing. Never saw anything like it.

    Now that I think about it it was definitely Dead Man's Switch. I likely mis-saw the perk icon. Might have also mistaken when it procced, and I recall I let go of the gen for a bit so that's probably why it happened AND I just mistook it for the gen blowing.

    Thanks.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831460#Comment_1831460

    There was no skill check, which is why I thought it would be Surge, except it procced on hook as I recall. It was a really weird thing. Never saw anything like it.

    Now that I think about it it was definitely Dead Man's Switch. I likely mis-saw the perk icon. Might have also mistaken when it procced, and I recall I let go of the gen for a bit so that's probably why it happened AND I just mistook it for the gen blowing.

    Thanks.

    The only explanation I can think of for a gen exploding on a hook like Surge is lag. But it'd have to be some really bad lag or something. Otherwise, unless I'm forgetting about some perk, there is no possible way for a gen to explode on a hook.

  • It was Deadman's Switch as Nomad said.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831464#Comment_1831464

    Dead Man's Switch! I forgot that perk existed. Yeah, that probably explains it, they have very similar art - at least similar enough where one could mistake one for the other if it was just a tiny symbol in the corner. So it was probably Dead Man's Switch + Surge/Oppression. Probably, anyways.

    Yeah, most likely Oppression + DMS. They work extremely well together. Add in Furtive Chase or Nemesis for extra DMS procs.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831467#Comment_1831467

    Yeah, most likely Oppression + DMS. They work extremely well together. Add in Furtive Chase or Nemesis for extra DMS procs.

    Does the gen regress after the cooldown of Dead Man’s Switch?

  • I wouldn't know I ran away from the gen to do something else.

  • @MrPeterPFL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831595#Comment_1831595

    Does the gen regress after the cooldown of Dead Man’s Switch?

    Yes.

    So gens won’t regress while they’re blocked by the entity, but after the block ends gens affected by Surge or Oppression regress as normal.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831768#Comment_1831768

    Yes.

    So gens won’t regress while they’re blocked by the entity, but after the block ends gens affected by Surge or Oppression regress as normal.

    Ahh that seems pretty good