What's wrong with Hag?

I've been watching a lot of Michi's videos and frankly, I enjoy it. It's nice to see unused perks like MYC, ToT, Dark Devotion, Third Seal, and even Cruel Limits being actually viable with Hag. All she needs is Corrupt intervention and she's good to go.

And yet so many people seem to want Hag nerfed, they want instant teleport hits removed, they want Rusty Shackles gone (Which I guess I can understand), they want Mint Rag nerfed and many other nerfs to completely butcher her until she's as bad as Trapper.

I can understand the frustration with her since she is a teleporting killer like Nurse but come on! It takes 0 skill to play Hag?! Freddy I can understand, Spirit I can somehow understand but why Hag! If your trap placement is terrible, you won't be able to use your power and you're stuck as a 110% killer. Basement Hag is the least skillful playstyle of hers and even then you can still do some nice mind games with it, unlike camping Bubba.

But most of all, I like Hag because she makes some perks work and she doesn't have to rely on Ruin Undying Tinkerer. Sort of like Demo, she can activate MYC and Devour Hope and still get the unhooker afterwards. Perks that give you short bursts of information or only work on certain locations like Bitter Murmur and Cruel Limits can also work on her.

Heck, things that Demo can't usually run because of his shred like Knock Out and Dark Devotion can work on Hag. Perks that rely on spreading damage like Third Seal and Blood Echo are pretty decent on her. As long that Corrupt Intervention is there, she can run whatever she wants and I like that. I get to take on 3 possibly unique perks and 1 uncommonly used one. Also before you say Hags that run Ruin Undying Tinkerer are boring, unless the Hag is running Mint Rag, Hag is terrible at scaring people off gens. Remember, she a 110% killer who is trap based.

TL;DR : Hag is great because she can give a variety to the game if the player chooses. That is the opposite of boring

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @rafajsp said:

    i really don't understand why still people defend a broken mechanic ...

    Do you want what happened to Nurse and Billy to happen to Hag? Because nobody wants that again. Those nerfs made those killers painful to play as. Plus with all the camping ideas that are in this thread, you'd probably see one specific thing that made her "broken"

  • @rafajsp said:

    i really don't understand why still people defend a broken mechanic ...

    Do you want what happened to Nurse and Billy to happen to Hag? Because nobody wants that again. Those nerfs made those killers painful to play as. Plus with all the camping ideas that are in this thread, you'd probably see one specific thing that made her "broken"

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830825#Comment_1830825

    I think the issue with basement Hag is that whether the Hag leaves the basement or not is irrelevant as that survivor is already dead the moment they're on that hook. Especially since there are traps you can place which can't be destroyed with a flashlight as they'll be automatically triggered. This means that if the Hag leaves the basement they can play territorally to camp them to death AND defend their 3 gen. 9 times out of 10 unhooking in that situation will just lead to a trade. This is especially problematic as with Agitation, Hag can usually corral people into her web and eventually get her basement hook. At which point that's just gg unless the survivors are really coordinated (Which can't be expected from solo que). I think that's the reason she's disliked. She encourages a very tunnelly/campy playstyle AND also has a downright insane chase power when set up well. Which isn't very hard, I used to play Hag a lot and at least 3K'd like 90% of my games by being territorial.

    If a Hag sets up in an area and the survivor goes there, they go down. The counterplay there is to just know where she set up (Which, again, cannot be expected of solo's). You could argue that's the same with Trapper, here's the thing though. Trapper has to collect his power and thus his set up takes substantially longer. Hag can just set up a trap, wherever and whenever she wants. Her traps are capped at 10 but it's not like Demo where if you place all your traps then you can't place another. There is no consequence for just placing a trap at every loop you come across which means that even a bad player can excel if they just so happened to set up well. People don't want braindead looping but what they do want is viable counterplay. You can't exactly flashlight the trap midchase so if you go into her web of traps then you're dead, especially if basement is nearby.

    People complain about Deathslinger but not Huntress. Why is that? I'd argue it's because there's actual counterplay with Huntress. She telegraphs by audio and visual cues when she pulls up her hatchets so survivors know when to try and dodge. With Deathslinger there is no audio cue and on top of that, he can instantly shoot after ADSing or cancel the ADS and M1 normally. This means that you either have to be constantly dodging which will get you hit if he cancels his power, hold forward and hope he misses which will get you hit if he commits to the shot or constantly keep looking back whilst simultaneously not bumping into anything. Even if you do that last one, if you bump into something you'll get hit, if he fakes the shot by ADSing and then cancelling it then you get hit and even if he commits to the shot you can still be hit if he makes the correct read. It's very stressful and unfun to be chased by a Deathslinger but that's just my two cents.

    I personally think you're trying to dumb down people's arguments because the idea that people might have genuine complaints regarding your main is uncomfortable to think about. Perhaps you're afraid that if enough people will complain then she could be nerfed. Or perhaps you don't care and I'm just needlessly assuming things, lol. Either way, this has gone on for far too long and I need to eat my lunch. I hope this wasn't too much of a trudge to read and I wish you a happy Holiday!

    Valid points but as someone who plays a lot of hag the basement counter play isn't as fruitless as you are making it out to be, you can crouch through traps. I rarely have trouble getting folks out of the basement against a hag. People don't take care or time and that is a hag bread and butter. Basically the changes folks might be asking for hag is so that they don't have to take care and time. I don't SWF its all solo.

    I'm not uncomfortable in the slightest about people complaining about a killer I main and enjoy because its really only a game and I sometimes think people take it way to seriously.

    Maybe I'm playing slinger wrong hehe.

    Happy holidays to you to.

  • "until she's as bad as Trapper."


    I am a Trapper main and I am offended

1 2 ›