Fellow survivors,
Is it okay to escape if you're under Rancor (and you don't have any obsession perk) while someone is still on hook?
Is it okay to escape if you're under Rancor (and you don't have any obsession perk) while someone is still on hook?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's OK to escape no matter the context. You don't owe anyone anything.
You can escape whenever you want.
There's no obligation to rescue anyone.
Do what you have to do.
I have caught a couple of people with Rancor at the end because they want to be a hero
Of course it is. Get the heck out of there, man. Don't be an idiot, 'cause that's how Killers like me catch you.
That's pretty much where rancor comes into play - to make you think twice about not escaping when you have the chance. If you don't think you can save someone without getting mori'd, leave. No one can blame you for that.
Now... with my killer head on... You are a literal coward if you don't run right towards me to try and save your mate.
Be the hero! Be like the obsession Meg I had last night, who actually attempted to recover a slugged friend right in front of me. I just looked at her for a few seconds before hitting and killing her.
I would leave. If I am not the obsession then I would stay. Simple as that.
I see this kind of behaviour more often among killer mains rather than survivor mains when they play as survivors, they tend to be selfish.
You DO owe something to your teammates since they unhook you, heal you, repair gens, etc.
@guest602
Yeah it's ok, just stay at the gate and try to taunt/distract the killer so others can perform the rescue.
If it's me on the hook, i probably got there to make sure you get out anyhow.
Maybe check the hooked person. See if they're being camped first. See if they're doing the universal sign for being camped via partial escape hook charges.
Basically these. You do lose points for being a cuck and leaving people on the hook, but at the end of the day you've gotta look out for numero uno.
It's the same with NOED: You're welcome to try to save someone when NOED is active... Or you can live!
Yeah always escape if you can the minute the gates open.