Is snapping out of it bugged right now?

Twice today against Doctor, my game has taken precedence over snapping out of it when I am trying to move, causing me to go down. Anyone else experiencing this?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • How would snapping out of it cause you to go down? You mean while you were getting chased and tried to vault or throw a pallet, the prompt had precedence over the action? Perhaps you mean the random scream prevented you from doing any actions, or you were unable to mend your deep wounds due to Snapping out have priority?

    If it is any one of those, that's just the way madness 3 works. The only one that is kinda annoying is the deep wounds interaction, which I believe is unintended.

  • @ExcelSword said:

    How would snapping out of it cause you to go down? You mean while you were getting chased and tried to vault or throw a pallet, the prompt had precedence over the action? Perhaps you mean the random scream prevented you from doing any actions, or you were unable to mend your deep wounds due to Snapping out have priority?

    If it is any one of those, that's just the way madness 3 works. The only one that is kinda annoying is the deep wounds interaction, which I believe is unintended.

    The deep wounds interaction is intended to give doctor a little bit of an edge over people using perks that give endurance such as borrowed time.

  • @ExcelSword said:

    How would snapping out of it cause you to go down? You mean while you were getting chased and tried to vault or throw a pallet, the prompt had precedence over the action? Perhaps you mean the random scream prevented you from doing any actions, or you were unable to mend your deep wounds due to Snapping out have priority?

    If it is any one of those, that's just the way madness 3 works. The only one that is kinda annoying is the deep wounds interaction, which I believe is unintended.

    I was pressing directional keys on my keyboard while in the snap out of it animation, and would not move. The game decided it was better for me to continue snapping out of it.

  • I believe that what stops the deep wound counter is holding Shift, not moving. Also, while holding Shift you cannot snap out of it so your best bet if your counter is really low is to find a teammate to mend you.

  • @lagosta said:

    I believe that what stops the deep wound counter is holding Shift, not moving. Also, while holding Shift you cannot snap out of it so your best bet if your counter is really low is to find a teammate to mend you.

    It doesn’t sound like that. It sounds like the OP is unable to move at all because the game prioritizing Snap Out of It over moving. They are a sitting duck.

    @GoshJosh I’m not sure why this is happening, but I’m going to say it’s not common otherwise the devs would have either disabled Doctor or released a quick update to fix him. That sounds like a pretty gamebreaking bug, being unable to run or even walk because the game is forcing you to Snap Out of It.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830723#Comment_1830723

    It doesn’t sound like that. It sounds like the OP is unable to move at all because the game prioritizing Snap Out of It over moving. They are a sitting duck.

    @GoshJosh I’m not sure why this is happening, but I’m going to say it’s not common otherwise the devs would have either disabled Doctor or released a quick update to fix him. That sounds like a pretty gamebreaking bug, being unable to run or even walk because the game is forcing you to Snap Out of It.

    Oh, my mistake. I never encountered this issue before.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830133#Comment_1830133

    I was pressing directional keys on my keyboard while in the snap out of it animation, and would not move. The game decided it was better for me to continue snapping out of it.

    The game prioritizes snapping out of it over ALL other actions other than vaulting or pallet dropping or exit gate/hatch opening. it affects ALL skill action. and YES it does override mending and as said if you have shift held you can not snap out of it. just the way it works and always has.

  • @GoshJosh can you explain exactly what happened please because I want to make sure I'm understanding it right.

    You should still be able to move when snapping out of it, it should break that - I've started snapping out of it in a chase before now when I had a second to spare and then carried on running whilst breaking out of snapping out of it, you just stop pressing M1 then move as normal.

    You can't do things like work on gens or heal, sabo, search chests etc but you should still be able to move.

  • @Mandy said:

    @GoshJosh can you explain exactly what happened please because I want to make sure I'm understanding it right.

    You should still be able to move when snapping out of it, it should break that - I've started snapping out of it in a chase before now when I had a second to spare and then carried on running whilst breaking out of snapping out of it, you just stop pressing M1 then move as normal.

    You can't do things like work on gens or heal, sabo, search chests etc but you should still be able to move.

    Sorry for my delayed reply! Basically as I mentioned above, I would be attempting to snap out of it mid-chase (i.e. a few seconds to spare where I'm not sure the Doctor was still chasing me). Once I realized I needed to begin moving, I could not. I simply sat there still snapping out of it even though I attempted to move with WASD (PC player). I haven't played much on PC since my original post, but will generate a new bug report if I experience it again.