Open question(s) to devs

I just wanted to create a thread for some questions that (seemingly) have been left unanswered. I'd like to start off with one that I have been asking myself quite a bit now:

What is THE definition of balance, as in, what do you use to balance new perks and powers around?

Is it killers being balanced around survivors(which would be the obvious one IMO as survivors are mechanically always the same, regardless of the meta, but that doesnt appear to be the case), powers and perks being balanced around the most recent meta, or simply changes that seem to be the best choice for short term?

Comments

  • Hot daaaamn, that's a good question! Yeah, what's the 'bar' defined as, and where do they set it?

  • That’s a really good question. If you don’t get an answer here I recommend you ask it in the next QnA. I’m curious as to what they consider balance to be as it could explain major power differences between killers and perks.

  • Yeah, I'm sure the developers are really gonna stick their hand in this blender.