Wow Appraisal got hit hard by the nerf bat
Just played Appraisal build again for the first time since the new killer hit. Appraisal speed buff no longer applies to opening chests, and you can't rummage a chest more than once. Doesn't sound like much but a major nerf to the build.
Which is just as well I guess, it was too easy fishing keys with the build.
Comments
I mean, this is the same company that nerfed gearhead and thinks half the terrible perks in the game are fine as is; so I just gave up on trying to understand their mindset and use whatever is viable as it comes and goes. (Viable doesn't necessarily mean meta, to me anyways)
I mean it was a little too easy getting a key with that build, but since a key nerf is coming up was it even necessary? Not to mention it's far from meta; playing Plunderer/Appraisal is pretty niche and more something you do for kicks rather than because you want to win. It's a weak build that doesn't help you do gens or loop the killer, and in fact is detrimental to the team because you're wasting time opening chests instead of doing gens.
They could have just removed keys from appraisal's pool to avoid this issue but given that they had to remove hoarder's item pool effect seemingly due to the item pool code breaking when touched...
I don't think the item pool code is stable enough for them to to mess with so they nerfed both hoarder and appraisal into the ground so they didn't have to deal with the item pool's code.
LOL seriously that's why? That is so sad.
I wouldn't expect a key nerf within the next 6 months (or more).
They weren't nerfs, they were bug fixes. The perk description always said you could only rummage each chest once. Being able to rummage the same chest three times was a bug.
Nah the original perk description didn't say that. It also said that OPENING chests was 80% faster, not RUMMAGING chests was 80% faster. They already changed the description.
I play looting builds since Ace release and have several thousand objects (only green/purple/pink) on my main character ... just for the collection and the satisfaction of having some huge inventory
Until the recent appraisal nerf, I started each game looting chests with appraisal for 1 or even 1:30 minute ... that was really fun to loot 4 times the same chest :)
Since the nerf, I am back to gene asap within the first minute of the match (where killers have issues applying pressure) ... not sure, this appraisal nerf was nice for killers o/