63 mb update, 40 days to install

good job devs, every time a little update comes out, it takes forever to install it.

dbd is the only game, where i'm having such problems lol

Comments

  • Even better, every time I install a new update the first time I open the game once it's (finally) done, I get the message saying my files have been modified. I have to validate my files with steam after EVERY update. This means even a bugfix like this takes 30-40 minutes to complete. So annoying.

  • It's not the game, its Steam. If you play Ark, you know it's Steam's fault and the way it handles updates when your game is not installed on your C drive.

  • @IronWill said:

    It's not the game, its Steam. If you play Ark, you know it's Steam's fault and the way it handles updates when your game is not installed on your C drive.

    ok thx

  • @IronWill said:

    It's not the game, its Steam. If you play Ark, you know it's Steam's fault and the way it handles updates when your game is not installed on your C drive.

    Mine is on my C drive. I'm not blaming DBD though- just saying it's annoying in general. Definitely seems like a steam issue.

  • Its a steam thing it happens when alot of people on the same server are downloading the same file at once

  • Same, it's only this game that takes forever to update and sits at 100% for 30 mins. All other games, including ones not on my C Drive take less time. Even very popular games like CSGO take no time at all.

  • It certainly wasn’t fast on PS4. Well, the download part was......

  • Just in time for the next update

  • DbD is an unreal engine game that involves big archive-like files (.pak files)

    So, every update relies on this process:

    • download new files
    • unzip pak files
    • replace files
    • repack pak files

    Thus, you need both large empty space and some time for each game update

    The easy fix: if you have an SSD drive, move the DbD Steam files on it -> very quick updates

  • @senki527 said:

    good job devs, every time a little update comes out, it takes forever to install it.

    dbd is the only game, where i'm having such problems lol

    Are you very sure it is not on your end?

    Mine is done pretty fast tbh.

    What platform?

  • @yobuddd said:

    It certainly wasn’t fast on PS4. Well, the download part was......

    Yeah but that was a ps4 issue all games took ages to copy.

    I play the ps4 version on the ps5 and copying goes way faster than ps4

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/213972/63-mb-update-40-days-to-install

    Are you very sure it is not on your end?

    Mine is done pretty fast tbh.

    What platform?

    i play on pc the steam version

  • Unreal Engine games have updating problems, but DBD is by far the worst offender. I downloaded today's update in like 5 seconds. It's been half an hour already and it's still not done updating. I cancelled the update and played Overwatch instead.

    Hot damn.

    And this happens every single time the game has an update these days.

  • @Klakky said:

    Its a steam thing it happens when alot of people on the same server are downloading the same file at once

    Not a Steam thing. This is an Unreal Engine problem, and DBD is by far the worst offender.

  • @IronWill said:

    It's not the game, its Steam. If you play Ark, you know it's Steam's fault and the way it handles updates when your game is not installed on your C drive.

    Nah it's DBD.. Literally every time I update DBD, I launch it and get the same issues about my files being corrupted and having to validate them. It's only with DBD

  • @nightshayde said:

    Even better, every time I install a new update the first time I open the game once it's (finally) done, I get the message saying my files have been modified. I have to validate my files with steam after EVERY update. This means even a bugfix like this takes 30-40 minutes to complete. So annoying.

    And even after validating the files(for some unknown reason, because the game should know it's been updated), i need to close and open the game again due to EAC validation in the menu, this kind of thing make me wonder why i still play it, it's so frustrating

  • Restart steam and change your download server. I was getting 50 KB/s in London and Manchester so I swapped to Paris and got 2 MB

  • @senki527 said:

    good job devs, every time a little update comes out, it takes forever to install it.

    dbd is the only game, where i'm having such problems lol

    Sounds like a you problem. Have never had this happen even when I played on console.

    EDIT: Not meaning to be an ######### sorry it def sounds like it

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/213972/63-mb-update-40-days-to-install

    Sounds like a you problem. Have never had this happen even when I played on console.

    EDIT: Not meaning to be an ######### sorry it def sounds like it

    I don't want to be rude either, but there are multiple people in this discussion who have the same problem, so I doubt it's just senki527's problem.

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1823393#Comment_1823393

    I don't want to be rude either, but there are multiple people in this discussion who have the same problem, so I doubt it's just senki527's problem.

    I saw some solutions people offered so it seemed legit