This Game Just Doesn't Work

Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.15 - 23.29.13.42.png Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.15 - 23.30.17.82.png

So here we have two demonstrations of dedicated servers and or server side hit detection working on a teleporting rank 13 console doctor.

EDIT: Can also post the video if anyone wants it. Ignore my potato window play

https://youtu.be/tV1e9KYZb7M

Comments

  • Please upload the video

    My experience with the new hit validation has been awful, both as survivor and killer. As survivor, huntress hatchets are way worse and as killer deathslinger is borderline unplayable.

  • You realize server hits mean you'll get these kind of hits if your own connection is bad as well, don't you?

    If you provided any evidence that your own ping and connection (type) was flawless the pic would mean anything but since you didn't you could have had a 10000 ping on wireless connection - theoretically.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    You realize server hits mean you'll get these kind of hits if your own connection is bad as well, don't you?

    If you provided any evidence that your own ping and connection (type) was flawless the pic would mean anything but since you didn't you could have had a 10000 ping on wireless connection - theoretically.

    He was hitting everyone from these ranges and when he'd go to pick up survivors the animation would play like three times. Haven't had it happen at all the entire time I've been playing. When my connection is bad I already know the thing shows up in the top corner and i get issues across the board on my pc. This game is dogshit

  • @Yamaoka said:

    You realize server hits mean you'll get these kind of hits if your own connection is bad as well, don't you?

    If you provided any evidence that your own ping and connection (type) was flawless the pic would mean anything but since you didn't you could have had a 10000 ping on wireless connection - theoretically.

    Also who uses wifi on a PC??

  • @Yamaoka said:

    You realize server hits mean you'll get these kind of hits if your own connection is bad as well, don't you?

    If you provided any evidence that your own ping and connection (type) was flawless the pic would mean anything but since you didn't you could have had a 10000 ping on wireless connection - theoretically.

    There was also him attempting a grab and then getting stuck. You can't tell me that my connection might be the problem when everything involving him is janky af. None of the other survivors had wonky animations that got stuck or played three times. None of mine did, the person im playing with got hit through a fully dropped pallet

    Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.15 - 23.49.26.68.png


  • Back when I played older online games I lived in a house and the router was in the first floor so I played on wifi (my PC was on the second floor).

    Now I'm playing on console but my router is right next to the TV so it's wired into the console.

    Some people play on Laptops as well and those are using wifi frequently as well.

    So.. Yeah both scenarios exist.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821653#Comment_1821653

    Back when I played older online games I lived in a house and the router was in the first floor so I played on wifi (my PC was on the second floor).

    Now I'm playing on console but my router is right next to the TV so it's wired into the console.

    Some people play on Laptops as well and those are using wifi frequently as well.

    So.. Yeah both scenarios exist.

    Well if the router is across the house that's reasonable.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821645#Comment_1821645

    There was also him attempting a grab and then getting stuck. You can't tell me that my connection might be the problem when everything involving him is janky af. None of the other survivors had wonky animations that got stuck or played three times. None of mine did, the person im playing with got hit through a fully dropped pallet

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/J9A05CEBFQS8/desktop-screenshot-2020-12-15-23-49-26-68.png

    Getting stuck in the grab animation can in fact be the result of the survivor's connection. Lag switchers often abuse this fact to make themselves "unhookable" as the killer will get stuck either when trying to pick them up or during the hook animation.

    Also grabs have been bugged ever since the addition of dedicated servers so it also can be that issue as well.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821658#Comment_1821658

    Getting stuck in the grab animation can in fact be the result of the survivor's connection. Lag switchers often abuse this fact to make themselves "unhookable" as the killer will get stuck either when trying to pick them up or during the hook animation.

    Also grabs have been bugged ever since the addition of dedicated servers so it also can be that issue as well.

    Well the only person with a ping over like 70 was claudette at the one point I checked during the game. I would've also seen the indicator to say I was lagging

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    Please upload the video

    My experience with the new hit validation has been awful, both as survivor and killer. As survivor, huntress hatchets are way worse and as killer deathslinger is borderline unplayable.

    iTS rendering the HD version

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    Please upload the video

    My experience with the new hit validation has been awful, both as survivor and killer. As survivor, huntress hatchets are way worse and as killer deathslinger is borderline unplayable.

    https://youtu.be/tV1e9KYZb7M

  • Yep, that’s about right, smh

    I believe you when you say it wasn’t your connection. You don’t have to go out of your way to prove it to me. I’ve had these similar instances happen far too many times, with impeccable connection, to go and doubt the truth of the matter.

    It’s most everybody’s normal reaction to gambit the connection card toward the X, however. That’s understandable, I hold no grudges...

    Tho, I’ve played this game for far too long to remain skeptical toward every shenaniganistic activity that happens within it.

  • I'm sorry but I can only picture Freddy Krueger like "I don't get it, looks fine to me" xD

  • Was that a console doctor, that lag looks familiar, he also bms at hooks right?

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    Was that a console doctor, that lag looks familiar, he also bms at hooks right?

    Not that I saw he didn't bm unless I never noticed