I have a couple of suggestions to improve dead by daylight
I have a couple of ideas to improve dead by daylight I was thinking why don't the devs allow players to create cosmetics,clothes,weapons, and skins for survivors and killers and have it where they can sell it in a store and set the price of how much the item will cost in the store and when player buy the items from that item they'll get auric cells for that item
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
As nice as this would be there are a few reasons it won't happen.
@Kadajacs your wrong if behavior have the rights to put them in the games then they can do what they want to the characters in the game .If Netherrealm can put characters like spawn,terminator,predator,alien,robocop,in mk11 even tho they don't have the licensing for those characters they still make skins for them so behavior should be able to fo the same.
What they are allowed to do can vary depending on the agreement they have with the licence holder. There is a big legal thing regarding the rights to Freddy and Quentin which is why no cosmetics have been made for them. Not even fixing Quentin's dodgy face.
The licensed characters in MK are from Warner Brothers who also owns Netherrealm meaning they get a lot more freedom to change them up.
As much as I would love to see new skins I don't trust random people to do the characters any justice. Much better to leave it to the pros.
No @krs4883 licences don't work like that. There are definitely limitations.
We run competitions for designing cosmetics that normally go into the rift first before coming to the store, eg Mr Puddles. So if you do have some great ideas then please watch out for these competitions - they are advertised on our Social Media, and you will be able to enter.
I see your point that MK get some pretty crazy stuff and have a lot of freedom. As i said this is because the guest characters are owned by the same publisher as Netherrealm so they pretty much get free reign.
Unfortunately DBD doesn't have that so they are limited in what they are allowed to do with the guest characters, as the Mod has explained above.
Licencing is a complicated world with many rules. I work in publishing so know first hand.
Look up the whole issue around the Freddy licensing and you will understand more.
At least let us have a create a stage where we can create our own level if we can't do the create a skin/cosmetics