I feel so bad for anyone who pays even a discounted price for this game around the next holiday sale

How can a game that has been out for 4 years have this many problems, have this many bugs? BHVR wanted us to nominate them for the Labor of Love award on steam. Are you kidding me? I'm sorry but, just because you're incapable or incompetent (maybe both) doesn't mean you are entitled to an award. BHVR isn't some small indie developer. They have 600 employees—the same amount that Bungie does—and yet they suffer from the same issues and complaints lobbed at Destiny. It just seems odd to me that these multi-million dollar companies are unable to put out a complete and polished product while simultaneously expecting that we pay hand over fist while they correct their ######### mistakes. I'm sure, back in 2016, this game was ahead of its time. Well, guess what? This isn't the beta anymore. And while there haven't been any challengers to DBD, that's not an excuse to ignore bugs YOU LEARNED about in the PTB. How did they make it to the live servers? Where is QA? People paid money for this #########. "Whoops, everything's broken." Where's the outrage and frustration?

Comments

  • Where is the outrage and frustration?

    the forum is full of this and the devs/BHVR are aware of the issues. They apologized for the state after the latest chapter.

    keep in mind that insulting the devs doesn’t accomplish anything. Constructive feedback -which can very well be negative and should in this case- is a better approach if you want them to listen.

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819890#Comment_1819890

    Wrong - they apologized, and then went into "but look what we have to deal with" victim mode. It was a half-hearted apology. They also more or less admitted that a real QA team doesn't exist (and BHVR is currently hiring for DBD QA right now, so that checks out). If they were truly sorry they would have actually done it right the first time.

    They apologized because they were literally forced to.

    When/where did they admit that there is no QA?

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819905#Comment_1819905

    I said more or less; and when you say, verbatim...

     the feedback we receive from the live release is invaluable

    The issue with this is - the MAJORITY of the issues in the release/patch were found LITERALLY within minutes, and were obvious enough that a proper QA team of literally a few people could have reported them within hours. Plus, the notion that their most conclusive testing is done on live servers...yeah, that's basically admitting there's not a real QA team, and there should be. A DEDICATED one. This is backed up by the fact that they are LITERALLY hiring for DBD specific QA right now. Check their jobs page.

    lol

    so a Company hiring for QA can’t have an existing QA Team? Don’t make a fool out of yourself.

    the majority of the issues was even known and listed in the PTB release notes, guess how they knew about those?

    i am not saying they don’t need to improve in the QA departement -because they clearly need to improve there- but it’s not like there is nothing.

    Constructive feedback is needed, not insults and straight out lies.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819908#Comment_1819908

    lol

    so a Company hiring for QA can’t have an existing QA Team? Don’t make a fool out of yourself.

    the majority of the issues was even known and listed in the PTB release notes, guess how they knew about those?

    i am not saying they don’t need to improve in the QA departement -because they clearly need to improve there- but it’s not like there is nothing.

    Constructive feedback is needed, not insults and straight out lies.

    What constructive feedback can I offer? Don't release something before it's finished? What about the people who paid money for the most recent chapter? What should they say?

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819917#Comment_1819917

    I see you're insistent on white knighting for BHVR.

    Let's see where that gets you. :)

    I see you insist on spreading lies.

    read again. I said there is improvement needed on BHVRs side. And (constructive) criticism.

  • @Questionable BHVR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819917#Comment_1819917

    What constructive feedback can I offer? Don't release something before it's finished? What about the people who paid money for the most recent chapter? What should they say?

    yeah. Let them know that this is not acceptable to ask money for. Why not? but they are more likely to listen to this than getting called names.

    this release was not okay the way it was after all.


    and the People can let their voices get heard as well (or maybe inform themselves before purchasing something. I didn’t pay money for this).

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819921#Comment_1819921

    yeah. Let them know that this is not acceptable to ask money for. Why not? but they are more likely to listen to this than getting called names.

    this release was not okay the way it was after all.

    and the People can let their voices get heard as well (or maybe inform themselves before purchasing something. I didn’t pay money for this).

    As Ace already pointed out, this is a reoccurring issue. When someone engages voluntarily in a financial agreement, there is an expectation that whatever you are paying money for, be that a service or product, works as intended. When a developer consistently delivers buggy content that does not uphold the standard for which people expect, then there should be complaints, there should be name-calling.

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819925#Comment_1819925

    What lies? Do you have any evidence to the contrary? Do you know they have a dedicated QA team?

    Cause from where I'm standing, when they say the bulk of their testing happens on LIVE SERVERS (which in and of itself is unacceptable for a game, unless it's early access), that actually provides more substance to my argument than yours.

    Keep trying.

    there is a dedicated QA team. Otherwise there wouldn’t even be a game.

    and they need to improve their QA. I am not denying that. They probably need to expand the team, plan more time for QA processes and bug fixing before releases etc.

    somehow you only see me ‚white knighting‘ though. Even when I say there are massive problems.

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819945#Comment_1819945

    Again - evidence?

    Provide data, or stop making this claim.

    Data for an existing QA team, that definitely needs improvement?


    the game exists and it is over all working. There are many people listed as working in QA for BHVR. The known issues in release notes of PTBs. The fact that there bugs being found by them, and bugs getting fixed.

    again - I never said they do a great job. But that’s probably because of missing resources.


    edit: now it’s your turn - evidence for total lack of any QA. Go.

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819930#Comment_1819930

    We do that with literally every patch they release (and every patch has broken something in some way).

    What's your plan B, chief?

    Bake them cookies and tell them what good little padawans they are, killing them with kindness? I'm sure that will work.

    You act like all the anger etc. came out of nowhere. You act like it's been this way from the beginning. It hasn't. It's like this from patch after patch after DLC after update of broken, broken, broken, and more broken for the last 4 1/2 years. They are WELL beyond the privilege of demanding our respect these days. They disrespect us, the people who put food on their tables, by feeding us garbage on a nearly constant basis.

    "Those who want respect, give respect." - Tony Soprano

    What’s your plan B?

    linger on the forums and in the Game and be miserable and call out the devs and insult them? Sorry but that’s not something I like to do.


    if they reach a point where I say the negatives outweigh the positives for this game - I stop playing. Maybe give feedback on why and what was the last drop in the barrel. But I can still maintain a respectful tone.

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819962#Comment_1819962

    HERRREEEEE comes the strawman and adhoms.

    Shine up your white armor, bud. You're going to need it.

    KEKW

    Your ‚white knight‘ argument is the only strawman here. Lol

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819937#Comment_1819937

    What’s your plan B?

    linger on the forums and in the Game and be miserable and call out the devs and insult them? Sorry but that’s not something I like to do.

    if they reach a point where I say the negatives outweigh the positives for this game - I stop playing. Maybe give feedback on why and what was the last drop in the barrel. But I can still maintain a respectful tone.

    For someone who has nearly 2400 comments on the forums, I find it strange you can't symphasize with feeling miserable when a game you clearly are invested in lets you down time after time with your "respectful tone" falling on deaf ears. What is your tipping point, if not this?


    It's been four years and it's still this bad.

  • @Questionable BHVR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819930#Comment_1819930

    As Ace already pointed out, this is a reoccurring issue. When someone engages voluntarily in a financial agreement, there is an expectation that whatever you are paying money for, be that a service or product, works as intended. When a developer consistently delivers buggy content that does not uphold the standard for which people expect, then there should be complaints, there should be name-calling.

    Complaints: yeah of course. They need to know what is not working and that it is upsetting.

    Namecalling: Doesn’t accomplish anything. Sorry but at that point, why even bother?

    also, if someone spends money on something, they should inform themselves about the product or service beforehand. If all the issues are known and stated by the devs, why should you insult them for that?

  • @Questionable BHVR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819962#Comment_1819962

    For someone who has nearly 2400 comments on the forums, I find it strange you can't symphasize with feeling miserable when a game you clearly are invested in lets you down time after time with your "respectful tone" falling on deaf ears. What is your tipping point, if not this?

    It's been four years and it's still this bad.

    i can symphasize with feeling miserable. And I said multiple times that it’s rightfully.

    all i was saying is that insulting doesn’t accomplish anything.


    if you are so dissatisfied, I really gotta ask: why not just leave after all this time? I am taking breaks from this game from time to time. I get frustrated by bugs or matchmaking or other things.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819940#Comment_1819940

    Complaints: yeah of course. They need to know what is not working and that it is upsetting.

    Namecalling: Doesn’t accomplish anything. Sorry but at that point, why even bother?

    also, if someone spends money on something, they should inform themselves about the product or service beforehand. If all the issues are known and stated by the devs, why should you insult them for that?

    So what you're telling me is that it's actually the consumer's fault for not doing their due dillengence when a company releases an unfinished product? Also, I would agree with you that its healthy to take breaks when a game is frustrating. However, that solely depends on the reasons as to why you're taking breaks in the first place. Game-breaking bugs should never be a reason as to why you should feel a need to stop playing. Ever.

    To clarify, I have not been playing for four years. I simply find it unbelievable that a game as popular and successful as DBD has yet to fix underlying issues with the game by now.

  • @Questionable BHVR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819979#Comment_1819979

    So what you're telling me is that it's actually the consumer's fault for not doing their due dillengence when a company releases an unfinished product? Also, I would agree with you that its healthy to take breaks when a game is frustrating. However, that solely depends on the reasons as to why you're taking breaks in the first place. Game-breaking bugs should never be a reason as to why you should feel a need to stop playing. Ever.

    That’s not what I said at all.

    listen, all I was saying was that insulting doesn’t accomplish anything.

    constructive criticism is always needed though, especially after such a release.

    and yeah the consumer should at least inform themselves before purchasing something. But that is of course no excuse for certain bugs that are coming with chapter releases that also affect those that didn’t even purchase said chapter.

    the QA processes for DbD need a MASSIVE improvement. Not for one chapter alone, not only for the current bugs but generally. They need more time for QA and bug fixing and probably more people working in QA.

    but calling them names doesn’t magically improve anything. If someone calls me names I am at least more likely to ignore everything else they try to tell me. But that’s probably just me..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1819997#Comment_1819997

    That’s not what I said at all.

    listen, all I was saying was that insulting doesn’t accomplish anything.

    constructive criticism is always needed though, especially after such a release.

    and yeah the consumer should at least inform themselves before purchasing something. But that is of course no excuse for certain bugs that are coming with chapter releases that also affect those that didn’t even purchase said chapter.

    the QA processes for DbD need a MASSIVE improvement. Not for one chapter alone, not only for the current bugs but generally. They need more time for QA and bug fixing and probably more people working in QA.

    but calling them names doesn’t magically improve anything. If someone calls me names I am at least more likely to ignore everything else they try to tell me. But that’s probably just me..

    And you'd be right, but the problem is that "constructive feedback" has not improved this game when it comes to bugs. Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

  • @Questionable BHVR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1820006#Comment_1820006

    And you'd be right, but the problem is that "constructive feedback" has not improved this game when it comes to bugs. Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

    Besides the buggy mess that was last chapter I would need to disagree. But that is subjective of course.

    i have seen improvements in many many areas of the game - crossplay, hit validation, balance, perk and power reworks. Overall I have the feeling that the devs listen to feedback. Again, my subjective feeling and I know that is not the one and only way to see things.

    if you are feeling it’s not, let your voice be heard, I am not trying to say you should be silent about it. Just try to be constructive instead of destructive.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1820008#Comment_1820008

    Besides the buggy mess that was last chapter I would need to disagree. But that is subjective of course.

    i have seen improvements in many many areas of the game - crossplay, hit validation, balance, perk and power reworks. Overall I have the feeling that the devs listen to feedback. Again, my subjective feeling and I know that is not the one and only way to see things.

    if you are feeling it’s not, let your voice be heard, I am not trying to say you should be silent about it. Just try to be constructive instead of destructive.

    That's why I was speaking specifically about bugs because they have listened to feedback on other things. If I can't play the game, then none of the other improvements really matter, and it should be their first concern over anything else. Does the game work as intended? If not, forget releasing new content, forget about padding the store. Fix the base product. If releasing a new chapter breaks the game every time, then there is something fundamentally wrong with the game that needs to be addressed.