Twitchies are so wholesome
OK, so, for context, I have to do a Clown daily (I love Clown, so it's not a big deal). I throw together an off-meta build and head into a lobby. Immediately I see 3 Twitchies in a very obvious 4 man SWF. Next thing I see is 2 toolboxes, a medkit, and a key. Now, people have been using BNP every other game, but I really don't care. Hell, I even burnt a BPS for the Twitchies. Offering screen shows up, annnnnnnnd it's a Heart Locket (Coldwind Farms map offering).
Yeah, screw that. I open task manager and force quit my game to not get a DC penalty. I then go over to their stream to apologize for the DC and explain why.
First thing I hear is just 4 people speaking Spanish. Now, I only speak English and very, VERY broken ASL, so needless to say, I don't understand them. I also don't want to spend a ton of time typing in English in case they don't understand English whatsoever, so what does my dumbass do?
I head over to Google Translate and translate my entire message into Spanish. It worked, tho. I basically told them" sorry for DCing, I don't care about the SWF or toolboxes or key, I just hate Coldwind, hope ur games are great <3"
They all start laughing and speaking more Spanish, and I dunno wut they are saying. Someone types in the chat "Por que?", which I know means "Why?"
I go another round with Google Translate, basically telling them how Coldwind is horrid for my computer and I hate the corn. I also say that I'm happy that they are in fact Spanish, cuz for all I knew, they could have been Portuguese or something, and that I am communicating via Google Translate.
They say "just do English. We can translate for [streamer]"
They all laugh at me, I wish them luck, they do the same, and I leave.
I don't think I've had a single Twitchie that I've chatted with after watching the game from their perspective that has been mean or toxic or anything. Most of them are REALLY nice, and it gives me hope for the game.
Comments
Streamers usually aren't #########.
It's almost like they have a community and audience they're trying to build, and being a douchenozzle is a really bad way to make friends.
Tell that to the streamers Space Coconut gets. He gets all the #########
I dunno, there is one twitch streamer whose entire steam page is set up to insulting anyone who looks at it because his entire goal is to upset people.
He just plays killer and does nothing but run noed and face camp people. Literally does NOTHING else in any game; and then in post game chat he basically tries to insult everyone as much as possible, in the most passive aggressive ways to avoid getting banned- meanwhile on their twitch they just call them every name and curse word under the sun.
Like that is the ONLY reason they play the game, is to try and make people disconnect basically. So I mean, there are definitely some really awful "Streamers" out there; but most of them I've come across, are genuinely fine.
Literally half of the streamers in this game have built their community on being toxic, both in their personality and how they pay. Along side other traits like being funny etc. Toxicity was a fairly noticeable part in old streamers.
Thankfully most of them have moved on and realised that being toxic is not good morally. We still have toxic streamers around though which is where I suspect a good chunk of todays toxicity come from.
So yea, streamers really are not effected by how they play. If anything being toxic is just another "trait" of theirs.
It's as much the fault of the people who support them as it is the streamers dedicating themselves to that kinda thing imo.
It's like seeing someone bullying a kid at school, and cheering the bully on for a job well done.