A minor buff to autodidact?

So how about 2 possible outcomes:

-Instead of -25% starting progression you get -15% and the +15% stays the same
Or
-Autodidact also boosts your skillckecks apperance slightly

Comments

  • I'm opposed to any buffs to this perk. It's already possibly OP as it is right now.

  • @Milo said:
    So how about 2 possible outcomes:

    -Instead of -25% starting progression you get -15% and the +15% stays the same
    Or
    -Autodidact also boosts your skillckecks apperance slightly

    I think RNG shouldn't be changed.

    First buff is good though. I wish they didn't change the perk in the first place but whatever I guess.

  • The perk will be useful after healing cube. Only buff it should get is less severe penalty. But same end result of 50%

  • @FrenziedRoach said:
    I'm opposed to any buffs to this perk. It's already possibly OP as it is right now.

    You have just qualified yourself as not worthy to speak about the perk.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    @FrenziedRoach said:
    I'm opposed to any buffs to this perk. It's already possibly OP as it is right now.

    You have just qualified yourself as not worthy to speak about the perk.

    You're not my dad, you can't tell me what to do!

    FFS, you just need to do the math to understand this perk is nuts. At 5 tokens that's 75% you gain - minus the 25 at the start - that's a 50 percent heal. If that isn't OP, then the world has gone crazy.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    @FrenziedRoach said:
    I'm opposed to any buffs to this perk. It's already possibly OP as it is right now.

    You have just qualified yourself as not worthy to speak about the perk.

    Why?

    I don't agree with him but if people are not gonna be able to say anything about the game, mechanics, perks etc. why do we have a forum?

  • If it was me, I'd set up the perk with a 5% progression penalty, then add 5% per token. 20% heal per skillcheck is reasonable. But 50? That's nuts!

    Soon as people realize how powerful this perk is, it will likely get called out for nerfs. I'm calling it now.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:
    If it was me, I'd set up the perk with a 5% progression penalty, then add 5% per token. 20% heal per skillcheck is reasonable. But 50? That's nuts!

    Soon as people realize how powerful this perk is, it will likely get called out for nerfs. I'm calling it now.

    Remember when on PTR it had 80% boost?

  • @Milo said:

    @FrenziedRoach said:
    If it was me, I'd set up the perk with a 5% progression penalty, then add 5% per token. 20% heal per skillcheck is reasonable. But 50? That's nuts!

    Soon as people realize how powerful this perk is, it will likely get called out for nerfs. I'm calling it now.

    Remember when on PTR it had 80% boost?

    Yup, but 50 is still too high. If you hit at least 1 skill check, you've already halved the time it takes to heal somebody.

    Killer already hurts for time as it is in this game, we don't need things shaving even more time off him.

    Now, perhaps it will be fine if they implement the universal healing nerf. I'm willing to put up with it till then.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    @Milo said:

    @FrenziedRoach said:
    If it was me, I'd set up the perk with a 5% progression penalty, then add 5% per token. 20% heal per skillcheck is reasonable. But 50? That's nuts!

    Soon as people realize how powerful this perk is, it will likely get called out for nerfs. I'm calling it now.

    Remember when on PTR it had 80% boost?

    Yup, but 50 is still too high. If you hit at least 1 skill check, you've already halved the time it takes to heal somebody.

    Killer already hurts for time as it is in this game, we don't need things shaving even more time off him.

    Now, perhaps it will be fine if they implement the universal healing nerf. I'm willing to put up with it till then.

    It’s drawback is no self care, and rng. It usually only saves 6 seconds anyway. That’s after it potentially got a teammate killed

  • @Jack11803 said:

    @FrenziedRoach said:

    @Milo said:

    @FrenziedRoach said:
    If it was me, I'd set up the perk with a 5% progression penalty, then add 5% per token. 20% heal per skillcheck is reasonable. But 50? That's nuts!

    Soon as people realize how powerful this perk is, it will likely get called out for nerfs. I'm calling it now.

    Remember when on PTR it had 80% boost?

    Yup, but 50 is still too high. If you hit at least 1 skill check, you've already halved the time it takes to heal somebody.

    Killer already hurts for time as it is in this game, we don't need things shaving even more time off him.

    Now, perhaps it will be fine if they implement the universal healing nerf. I'm willing to put up with it till then.

    It’s drawback is no self care, and rng. It usually only saves 6 seconds anyway. That’s after it potentially got a teammate killed

    Yeah. Most of the time i run around a guy that just self cares for 1/4 or half of the heal so the skillcheck won't even proc ;-;

  • any buff to that perk and you'll never hear the end of killers complaining
  • Delfador said:

    @Dreamnomad said:

    @FrenziedRoach said:
    I'm opposed to any buffs to this perk. It's already possibly OP as it is right now.

    You have just qualified yourself as not worthy to speak about the perk.

    Why?

    I don't agree with him but if people are not gonna be able to say anything about the game, mechanics, perks etc. why do we have a forum?

    he said only you cantbecause you don't know anything about the perk or game
  • @Jack11803 said:
    It’s drawback is no self care, and rng. It usually only saves 6 seconds anyway. That’s after it potentially got a teammate killed

    Its draw back is that it takes 4 skill checks for it to not be a net negative to healing.

  • 4 skill checks is nothing ffs.....

  • 4 skill checks is nothing ffs.....

    except you'll never get them and even if you did what would be the point?
     any killer that allows a survivor out of sight to get healed more than once is just bad
  • @FrenziedRoach said:
    4 skill checks is nothing ffs.....

    Oh really? I had a FULL HEAL of no skill checks. And one appeared right when i finished so i couldn't even take it

  • If Autodidact is too powerful now, then We'll Make It must be broken as hell. The most likely time you'll be healing someone is after and unhook and it saves just as much time as a skill check from Autodidact at 5 tokens.
  • If Autodidact is too powerful now, then We'll Make It must be broken as hell. The most likely time you'll be healing someone is after and unhook and it saves just as much time as a skill check from Autodidact at 5 tokens.
    Nice point! :)
  • @Delfador said:

    @Dreamnomad said:

    @FrenziedRoach said:
    I'm opposed to any buffs to this perk. It's already possibly OP as it is right now.

    You have just qualified yourself as not worthy to speak about the perk.

    Why?

    I don't agree with him but if people are not gonna be able to say anything about the game, mechanics, perks etc. why do we have a forum?

    Because anyone that thinks that Autodidact is overpowered has clearly not even bothered using the perk. And if you haven't even bothered running the perk then you aren't qualified to run your mouth. I agree that anyone should be able to participate in the forums... if they actually have an informed opinion. This poster clearly did not.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    @Dreamnomad said:

    @FrenziedRoach said:
    I'm opposed to any buffs to this perk. It's already possibly OP as it is right now.

    You have just qualified yourself as not worthy to speak about the perk.

    You're not my dad, you can't tell me what to do!

    FFS, you just need to do the math to understand this perk is nuts. At 5 tokens that's 75% you gain - minus the 25 at the start - that's a 50 percent heal. If that isn't OP, then the world has gone crazy.

    Forget the math. Try actually playing 5 games with the perk and then come back here and apologize for wasting everyone's time. Unlike you, I have actually used the perk. I've even run it under the most ideal conditions. I played with a full SWF group using Rank 3 Empathy and Autodidact. It had precisely 0 impact on the outcome of the game.

    Typically, by the time you have built up your tokens the game is pretty much over. You might get one or two full token procs if you are lucky. Which if you do the math, will have saved rough 15 seconds of healing. Don't get me wrong. It is not an awful perk. It has it's uses as a counter to mangled and coulraphobia. But you have to be either ill informed or a little touched in the head to believe it is actually overpowered.

  • Those skillchecks when Imma using the autodidact are gay for me...

  • Same. In theory it sounds great. But in practice , you get MAYBE 1 skill check when you heal someone. I find that even when I'm being altruistic, I still only get 3 or sometimes 4 tokens by the end of the match. Less if I'm found and killed beforehand. If I wanted a little bonus like I keep getting, I might as well run claudettes 20% constant boost. At least I'd get it with self care too.
  • Ihatelife said:

    Those skillchecks when Imma using the autodidact are gay for me...

    Didnt even know skill checks had genders
  • Ihatelife said:

    Those skillchecks when Imma using the autodidact are gay for me...

    Didnt even know skill checks had genders
    This made my day ^^^ 😂
  • This perk is very strong if you combine with others. If you want more skill checks use spine chill, if you’d like less of an early penalty use stake out. If you want to be a super healer and and avoid the killer use these three perks and empathy 😊 this is why they nerfed it in my opinion because if you combined certain perks with it, it would indeed be OP. 
  • ... how does stake out help?

  • Stake out gives you great skill checks on autodidact if you have charges saved up. So if you have stake out and auto charged up your skill checks will heal an insane amount. Try it out dude it’s amazing 😊 
  • ... but you can't get great skill checks with autodidact? Can you like record a video of you doing it?

  • Stake out gives great skill checks to regular skill checks. Just try it out yourself it works.
  • @CrtKazz said:
    Stake out gives great skill checks to regular skill checks. Just try it out yourself it works.

    Great still checks are a 5% boost. That’s ass

  • CrtKazz said:
    Stake out gives great skill checks to regular skill checks. Just try it out yourself it works.
    Even if it did work, Great Skill Checks only add 2% progress... lol

    Jack11803 said:

    @CrtKazz said:
    Stake out gives great skill checks to regular skill checks. Just try it out yourself it works.

    Great still checks are a 5% boost. That’s ass

    Not even, it's just 2%.
  • When I use it on my Adam build I love it and it makes a difference in my gameplay not everyone has to agree. Those small seconds can make a difference in a pinch 
  • @CrtKazz said:
    When I use it on my Adam build I love it and it makes a difference in my gameplay not everyone has to agree. Those small seconds can make a difference in a pinch 

    2% in healing is not even a second. It's a placebo.

    If it's working on Autodidact skill checks, you're just wasting your stacks of Stakeout.

  • Hey, +2% healing means after 4 tokens you're only at a net -2% rather than -10%! It means you've ALMOST not hurt your team by bringing the perk and that's... something right?

  • I'm gonna repost what I said in other thread here.

    Mc_Harty said:

    Autodidact is so odd.

    I'm not sure if I like it now after it got nerfed. This perk has a habit of [BAD WORD] your teammates over after the first couple of skill checks.

    I will say this. Once you reach 5 tokens the perk can be beneficial. Problem is, I rarely get enough tokens for it to be worthwhile. You really have to dedicate yourself to altruism for the perk to hold its weight.

    The only time I can see this perk being consistent is when against a killer that doesn't hook anybody until every survivor is slugged.

  • ive played alot of game with autodidact and trust me its useless i get like 2 token and those are the penalty the next its just like a damm great skill check on healing youreself or on gen but the issue of this is because devs are scared to make this perk op and killers cry about it trust me theres alot of killer perks that are op and they do nothing autodidact needs to be exact same like in the PTB or increase the skillcheck incoming.