Is windows of opportunity waste of perk slot?

I am currently running SB, UE, SC. Maybe kindred would be better or borrowed time?

Comments

  • It’s good if you haven’t memorized pallet or vault locations yet. Other than that, yeah it’s a waste

  • I feel safer with it for some reason but it's like when I used spine chill and deja vu when i first started, it makes me unaware of my surrounding and it's a bad habit. I will try something else and get used to it eventually.

    Any recommendations?
  • @Eveline I personally recommend that you use it until you remember where the spawns are post-Spirit. After that I recommend Kindred III as camping is rampant right now and BT won't directly benefit you. If I were in your shoes I'd swap SB with BT, but that's just me.
  • Thanks. Yeah, I always cringe when there is one or two gens left but everyone rushes to save me while I'm being camped by insiduous myers from the start. 
  • Eveline said:
    Thanks. Yeah, I always cringe when there is one or two gens left but everyone rushes to save me while I'm being camped by insiduous myers from the start. 
    I use windows because it's not about memorizing as pallets dont consistently spawn in the same spots, but also to know ahead of time if another player used the pallet. Going to where tou think a pallet is but ending up used gets many people down as I play killer I see people rush to that spot going out of their way to reach a pallet that isnt there. Windows is good tech.
  • That's a good point. :)
  • @Eveline said:
    Thanks. Yeah, I always cringe when there is one or two gens left but everyone rushes to save me while I'm being camped by insiduous myers from the start. 

    T1 Myers is immune to Kindred III, sorry.

  • It could help newer players learn where vaults and pallets will be.

    Like learning the common spawn spots in the Jungle Gyms and in the big buildings.

    After you learn the spawns though it would be almost useless. Might help to find that pesky sole pallet within all the broken ones from time to time. :chuffed:

  • @Eveline I forgot to mention it counters the Order affliction.
  • If you know where all the pallets and windows are at, you don't need it.

    Otherwise it's a good perk.

  • @Eveline said:
    I am currently running SB, UE, SC. Maybe kindred would be better or borrowed time?

    Most people get quite elitist with their opinions on this perk. "ah yes, just memorize procedurally generated maps with semi-random pallet/vault placements" while sitting in their arm chair smoking a pipe.

    • You can memorize potential pallet/vault spots
    • Understanding and memory of each tile (the tiles that make up the map) gives you a good idea of where pallets/vaults will be

    Memory will give you a general idea of where to find things but:

    • no amount of memory gives you exact info
    • no amount of understanding tells you which pallets have been dropped/broken.

    Only sight/sound does that be it of the pallet, killer, survivors, whatever. If you don't know whats happened in that area recently, then you're gambling every time you go for an out of sight pallet.

    If you don't want to gamble, either scout the area (a waste of time) or have pallet wallhacks (WoO)

  • I decided to keep it for now. 
  • Sadly it's Kate's best perk, you will always find use for it. Best thing is that it helps you keep track of pallets being used if the game drags on or if you have a team mate that uses a lot of pallets in a chase.

  • good perk for new players

  • I'm a veteran and I use it, you never know when you will have someone on the team who drops pallets like no tomorrow and the killer will be a billy, and you need a pallet.
  • Does anyone know if this is a counter to doctors order addon?

  • @KrazyAce13 said:

    Does anyone know if this is a counter to doctors order addon?

    Windows of Opportunity shows fake pallets too. Not a counter.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/485396#Comment_485396

    Windows of Opportunity shows fake pallets too. Not a counter.

    That's kinda dumb.

  • It's only useful while you are learning how to loop. Once you know how it's time to get rid of it. It's a Training Wheels perk, sort of like Small Game.


  • @Peasant said:

    @Eveline I personally recommend that you use it until you remember where the spawns are post-Spirit. After that I recommend Kindred III as camping is rampant right now and BT won't directly benefit you. If I were in your shoes I'd swap SB with BT, but that's just me.

    BT does't directly benefit you, but it is one of the best perks in the game right now thanks to all the campers.

    The key to surviving in Dead By Daylight is keeping as many people on your team alive as possible. BT is the only perk that counters campers. It is so important right now that it's practically mandatory if you want the best chance at escaping.

    I also recommend dropping Sprint Burst, if you want an Exhuastion Perk Balanced Landing is way better, or Lithe. Lithe also works with WOO lol.

  • @Jack11803 said:

    It’s good if you haven’t memorized pallet or vault locations yet. Other than that, yeah it’s a waste

    It could also be useful in telling you if pallets were used in an area or not.

  • If you are directionally challenged like me it's a very useful perk. It's like a gps system for pallets. I'm the type of person who gets lost very easily and I end up spending a lot of time just aimlessly wondering around if I don't have something to help me track things like Deja Vu (most people would consider this a useless perk but I find it useful.)

  • Do you guys know you can see survivors Auras through the Aura from the objects highlighteds? The black thing on the yellow aura is an Survivor. You can see them because of the effect of the fog in the yellow aura. It can also help to track where your team mates are and what they're doing.


    20190519182922_1.jpg 20190519190155_1.jpg