Cross-Progression Steam to Xbox...honestly?

Is this even a remote possibility? I just recently made my transition back to PC, and have very little in the way of DLC. I bought the game back in 2016 on both platforms, but ended up focusing on Xbox due to the group I played with at the time. Now, I'm back to mostly Solo play so I decided to drop Xbox and move to PC. I'm on the Steam Client, and I'm debating rebuying my DLC and cosmetics but...honestly? I'm hesitant. The way my luck runs, if I do...they'll come out in a few days claiming cross-progression for the two platforms.


But some things are making me question if there is even a possibility of this. I mean, realistically from an economic standpoint, you're dealing with a difference in license agreements. To get the two platforms to care about the player, and not their profit margins, seems like a far-fetched idea. Especially in 2020. So, I just don't know.


What do you guys think? A real possibility, or am I just holding out hope for nothing?

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • Might happen, Xbox has been focusing on involving PC a lot in recent years.

    Can't tell you though, cause i just don't know.

  • All we can say on this is that it's something we want to implement but it's not something we can implement as of now, so the decision about whether it will be worth you purchasing the DLC's on your PC is going to be down to you I'm afraid. I can't give any further information than what we've already said I'm afraid.

  • @Boss said:

    Might happen, Xbox has been focusing on involving PC a lot in recent years.

    Can't tell you though, cause i just don't know.

    Nah, I completely understand. On the same thought though, I see them more inclined to allow the x-progression for Windows Store, yet still cut Steam from the equation. Again, I look at it as the difference of platforms. But yeah..I know nobody can give me a true answer. :)

  • @Mandy said:

    All we can say on this is that it's something we want to implement but it's not something we can implement as of now, so the decision about whether it will be worth you purchasing the DLC's on your PC is going to be down to you I'm afraid. I can't give any further information than what we've already said I'm afraid.

    Again, completely understandable. I guess my 'main point' if you'd like to call it one, is that sometimes it's just a bit frustrating how quiet the industry as a whole is. Sometimes it feels like working in a spy network, with how little these companies want to talk about things. I understand you can't discuss deals, or agreements, when those things are still very much fresh on the table. NDAs and all that jazz. But, it'd be nice if transparency, at least from the point of Microsoft or even Valve was a thing.


    Again, I'm hesitant due to the idea of purchasing content that I (in a sense) already own an agreement for. But I do understand that it is ultimately up to me, and will most likely be the case at the end of the day.

  • It could go either way. Cross-Progression is a stated goal, but when it might happen is entirely up in the air. 2 weeks, 2 years, who knows?

    What I will say is if I lost my PC account somehow, I would stop playing DBD. Idk about you but I've sunk some serious time already, and I won't bother beginning again should the worst happen.

    Either way, I'm sorry you've encountered this dilemma, and I assure you you're not alone!

  • @GrubbyOldGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1812914#Comment_1812914

    Nah, I completely understand. On the same thought though, I see them more inclined to allow the x-progression for Windows Store, yet still cut Steam from the equation. Again, I look at it as the difference of platforms. But yeah..I know nobody can give me a true answer. :)

    True, the game also considers Steam & Windows Store to be different platforms, that slipped my mind.

    Still, it's PC, so hoping for it isn't too crazy.

  • @Ghoste said:

    It could go either way. Cross-Progression is a stated goal, but when it might happen is entirely up in the air. 2 weeks, 2 years, who knows?

    What I will say is if I lost my PC account somehow, I would stop playing DBD. Idk about you but I've sunk some serious time already, and I won't bother beginning again should the worst happen.

    Either way, I'm sorry you've encountered this dilemma, and I assure you you're not alone!

    I've invested quite a bit of time in to my Xbox account. Roughly 1200 Hours over the last four years. I'm a very -casual- player when it comes to things, but I do enjoy what time I put in. I'm the type of person who generally only logs one day a week, and about 4 hours that day and I tend to pick up cosmetics as I enjoy them. 1200 hours isn't much in terms of time compared to some players, I'm sure.

    @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1812919#Comment_1812919

    True, the game also considers Steam & Windows Store to be different platforms, that slipped my mind.

    Still, it's PC, so hoping for it isn't too crazy.

    Totally agree! Hope is hope!