Quick question about the Vinyl Dolls and the Horrible Dolls Charms
Why didn't they make one of each killer and survivor included in the Tome that releases alongside it? I get that charms aren't that important but if you're going to include some but not others it doesn't make sense.
Thoughts?
Comments
I think they should release dozen of required dolls in one tome someday.
Don't get me started on rift charms
Every new rift I sit there checking how many charm each character has, and every time I sit there, upset by the fact that most of the time the situation looks something like this:
Survivor 1: 5 different charms (much more if you count the recolors)
Survivor 2: 2 different charms (with 0 recolors)
Killer 1: 4 different charms (again, much more if you count the recolors)
Killer 2: 2 different charms
I ######### hate whoever decides the rewards of the rift, I mean, is it so hard to give at least 3 different charms to each character?
OH, and I almost forgot that in the first rift they added 2 perk-related charms (empathy and technician), which was a nice and simple idea, and then they never did them again
The thing is though, the archives often focus mainly on one killer and one survivor, it would make more sense for BHVR to save the charms relating to the secondary characters for the rift relating to those characters.
But then why include them at all? This current Rift, for example, contains charms and cosmetics based around The Clown and Adam, the Tome features challenges based around them too, but why include them at all if there's no lore involved?
They could've just focused on Nea and the Hillbilly and added cosmetics that meant nothing to lore (Kate's current rift one comes to mind) instead of shoehorning them in?
Exactly what @Dwight_Fairfield said in his response. I'd prefer they don't include a character at all and create "generic" master challenges like "Stun the killer x times" or "Unhook yourself while using Slippery meat" instead of throwing there something just to say "Hey! this Rift features the Hillbilly, Nea, Adam and the Clown!" and then there is not even the lore for half the character they mentioned.
And just to reiterate a point on how ridiculous the number of charms are:
The Doctor and Jane had their rift with the Spirit and David
How many Doctor-related charms were in that Rift? 1
How many Spirit-related charms? 9
Jane-related? 2
David-related? 7
I mean, who the ######### could think that's a balanced thing? I'd just like to have at least 3 charms per each featured character, it's not hard, since as far as I know the ideas for new charms are not scarce among BHVR artists (the perk-charm idea comes to mind again).
I agree with you, it's seems unnecessary to just toss in a few charms based around one character when they could've used that time to make different, better charms.
Also, just a note; you @-ed the wrong Dwight, just as reference for next time.
Damn, sorry, I must have checked the wrong locker ๐ฌ
But hey, glad we agree! ๐