Minor Spine Chill nerf

There's something I don't like about Spine Chill and it's not the main effect. The main effect is personally fine since it's only good on 1 type of killer and if you know which gens are being worked on, you can look at that gen to scare survivors off it.

What I don't like about Spine Chill is the many minor secondary effects it has. I understand that they need to be there so leveling up the perk has an effect but 2 effects that speed up things?

Personally I say merge Spine Chill with This is not Happening. The latter's effect is so useless that if it was a secondary effect, it wouldn't increase the uses of the perk it was added to.

Basically like this :

Spine Chill

Get notified when the Killer is looking directly in your direction and standing within a range of 36 metres.

While Spine Chill is active Great Skill Check success zones when repairing, healing and sabotaging are 10%/20%/30% bigger

Comments

  • Make it so Spine Chill doesn't counter stealth killers.

  • @Zaytex said:

    Make it so Spine Chill doesn't counter stealth killers.

    I'm pretty sure the specific design intent of Spine Chill is that it deliberately counters the recently codified stealth condition.

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1811401#Comment_1811401

    I'm pretty sure the specific design intent of Spine Chill is that it deliberately counters the recently codified stealth condition.

    Exactly.

  • @Zaytex said:

    Make it so Spine Chill doesn't counter stealth killers.

    I'm pretty sure I said that I'm fine with its main effect. I'm talking about nerfing or just replacing its secondary effects.

  • I honestly had to look up Spine Chill's secondary effects, since those don't even really register to me, and they're absolutely not the reason I pick that perk. The way I treat it, the yellow bar when Spine Chill is active is just another visual indicator that it's picking up the killer. I would not miss any of that stuff if it was gone.


  • @Saltjar34 said:

    There's something I don't like about Spine Chill and it's not the main effect. The main effect is personally fine since it's only good on 1 type of killer and if you know which gens are being worked on, you can look at that gen to scare survivors off it.

    What I don't like about Spine Chill is the many minor secondary effects it has. I understand that they need to be there so leveling up the perk has an effect but 2 effects that speed up things?

    Personally I say merge Spine Chill with This is not Happening. The latter's effect is so useless that if it was a secondary effect, it wouldn't increase the uses of the perk it was added to.

    Basically like this :

    Spine Chill

    Get notified when the Killer is looking directly in your direction and standing within a range of 36 metres.

    While Spine Chill is active Great Skill Check success zones when repairing, healing and sabotaging are 10%/20%/30% bigger

    Personally, I only run Spine Chill in the vault speed build (SC + Resilience). The secondary effects are the real reason to run Spine Chill.

    I'd be all for BHVR giving Spine Chills passive to Resilience so I can have three other perk slots with the build xD

    A small nerf to Spine Chill and a nice "small" buff to Resilience.

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1811401#Comment_1811401

    I'm pretty sure the specific design intent of Spine Chill is that it deliberately counters the recently codified stealth condition.

    Ah yeah, true.

  • @Dsnooz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/212636/minor-spine-chill-nerf

    Personally, I only run Spine Chill in the vault speed build (SC + Resilience). The secondary effects are the real reason to run Spine Chill.

    I'd be all for BHVR giving Spine Chills passive to Resilience so I can have three other perk slots with the build xD

    A small nerf to Spine Chill and a nice "small" buff to Resilience.

    That's right. Resilience speeds up progress so extra skill checks will help with its effect.