Creative Insidious use?
Heard that you can park Victor away and camp hooks with Charlotte while looking down and having no terror radius with insidious. You also avoid BT that way. Is it a viable use of the perk?
Heard that you can park Victor away and camp hooks with Charlotte while looking down and having no terror radius with insidious. You also avoid BT that way. Is it a viable use of the perk?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Probably the only viable use, except camping Bubba, it actually got me some Gen grabs lol.
The perk has barely any use outside of camping hooks or exit gates. Also you're not gonna get the same value out of it using a tall killer like Trapper or Plague as if you used a shorter one like Hag.
with deerstalker and insidious, camping a gen late game when a pair are close enough to keep an eye together, basement camping, plenty of uses in between those too depending on who you're using and what map it's on and how well you've been doing without it (don't use it if you've been doing well without it, unless you just wanna screw with people for kicks). You don't have to stand right near a hook, and if you're deranking I've found you need to do that without insidious anyways if you wanna depip for certain while still getting a decent amount of bp and doing something other than afking. One thing you might wanna do sometimes for a while is combine it with franklin's and insidious watch dropped keys and fleshlights. Make sure you can't be seen where you're doing it or you wasted your time and a perk slot btw.
As far as I'm aware, Charlette loses her terror radius when you're controlling Victor even without insidious, so no, this doesn't make the perk viable.
yeah I've stood around plenty of them while knowing they're on victor (the buzzsaw sound I use to know that) and I don't hear the terror radius until they snap back onto her. One thing, that may possibly work but I don't have her to test, is that insidious may remove that terror radius upon snapping back to some potential benefit to the killer player depending on their plans. Probably never gonna have many situations that would pay off though even if it works, especially against a swf since they would then not only know you snapped back to her but that you also wasted a perks lot on insidious. VOIP is the most OP perk.
Using it with doctor and pretend to be a hallucination
I've had a couple hits happen because of that, and I absolutely lose it each time it works
the hallucinations only last a few seconds though, lol
There's an addon to make them last 8
interesting, I didn't check that one out I usually used the radius ones to go with distressing to bump up the static shock radius to find people along with bbq when I was farming bp. That way using him with bbq and static I could make up for bbq slot by not needing another perk to find anybody. I also felt comfortable enough to not need to tunnel except against the teams trying to troll me without bringing calms pirit. Playing as the doctor a little is a great way to be able to play better against the doc btw for anybody having trouble against him as survivor. He's free on the playstation version for the console players and pretty good to farm bp with. Respect the terror radius hue hue hue
I started on Doctor not long ago and definitely am having fun with him. I just got the perk that slaps a terror radius on your obsession so I'm eager to try out that nearly-map-wide static blast soon hehe.