Verify that the player is definitely ready before a match

My suggestion is, essentially, that there should be a verification that the player is definitely ready before a match starts. There is a Ready button once you've found a lobby but it isn't completely reliable for weeding out idle people because a countdown still activates without everybody individually confirming their readiness. My idea is that it could work akin to DOTA 2 where once a lobby has been matchmade each player is prompted with a Ready/Not Ready prompt and it doesn't go through to the game unless everybody presses Ready so you don't end up with idlers or people who literally aren't ready for whatever reason.

I had an experience the other day (granted it may have entirely been my fault but it only happened once I swear) where I accidentally left the computer matchmaking as a Survivor and ended up idle for an entire game. I feel like my aforementioned suggestion could eliminate clumsy mistakes like this. It's not that this is an exclusive case either as I've been in a few situations where I've played with/against idle Survivors or Killers who may have made the same mistake.

Yes, I know you could just be more careful, but I think if you made sure everybody was ready before a game and only started the game afterwards that nobody would have an excuse to be idle since they'd have their presence confirmed. This could easily wipe out the small-time idleness epidemic. Is my idea a bit spaffy or do people agree?

Comments

  • I'd rather not have entire lobbies be rendered worthless because of a single troll who doesn't want to ready up.

  • I would like this suggestion... if lobbies already didnt take a long time at some times.