Is this a bug or can this actually happen?

File_000.jpeg

I was playing matches as usual and someone offered the Pied Piper. As you can see from map info, we did not go to Badham Preschool. Can the green map offerings fail or is this a bug? (Note: I'm playing on Nintendo Switch and A Nightmare On Elm Street released on tuesday so that could have something to do with it and sorry for the blurry picture)

Comments

  • Considering it's the 2nd time over the last few days I see this issue being reported, it's safe to say it was introduced with 4.4.0. It is unclear whether it's a bug or a feature; and it definetely wasn't this way before.

    It might have something to do with temporary adjusted odds of appearance of Autohaven and Ormond as well.

  • It's not a bug. The (green) map offerings, when burned alone, make the probability to go to the selected realm almost 100% but not quite. I think the actual value is upward of 99% nonetheless. Meaning that they can actually fail. I've seen a few times over 2k hours and it was confirmed here on the forum to be the case by design.

  • @Bwsted said:

    It's not a bug. The (green) map offerings, when burned alone, make the probability to go to the selected realm almost 100% but not quite. I think the actual value is upward of 99% nonetheless. Meaning that they can actually fail. I've seen a few times over 2k hours and it was confirmed here on the forum to be the case by design.

    It is indeed this way normally, but rn the odds are screwed.

  • @TripleSteal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1797376#Comment_1797376

    It is indeed this way normally, but rn the odds are screwed.

    Ok... is there anything that isn't bugged after the last patch?

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1797385#Comment_1797385

    Ok... is there anything that isn't bugged after the last patch?

    It's hard to make a large list of things thay work properly atm, all the core game aspects have one issue or another. Well, DS is not bugged, even though it could be.

    On a serious note, that map stuff could be a weird unsolicitated feature rather than a bug.

  • @TripleSteal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1797393#Comment_1797393

    It's hard to make a large list of things thay work properly atm, all the core game aspects have one issue or another. Well, DS is not bugged, even though it could be.

    On a serious note, that map stuff could be a weird unsolicitated feature rather than a bug.

    This is actually not true. I dont know if this is patch related or just a hidden bug but a few minutes ago I was able to DS the killer twice in 1 game. This has probably something to do with server registration failure since the first one was a 99% DS. It didnt use the perk and I didnt get the obsession claws either. Unfortunately I dont have any visual footage.

  • @disleksian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1797420#Comment_1797420

    This is actually not true. I dont know if this is patch related or just a hidden bug but a few minutes ago I was able to DS the killer twice in 1 game. This has probably something to do with server registration failure since the first one was a 99% DS. It didnt use the perk and I didnt get the obsession claws either. Unfortunately I dont have any visual footage.

    Hehe