Perk Changes | Surge
Surge
Your eerie presence charges the air and interferes with technology.
Putting a Survivor into the dying state causes all Generators within a 16/20/24 meter radius instantly to explode and begin regressing.
Surge does not trigger on already regressing Generators.
What changed?
- Removed the Basic Attack requirement.
Just this small change alone already makes a big difference, but there is still a room for improvement!
- Slightly reduced the range.
This slight nerf just makes sure that you can't reach most of the Generators on small maps.
- Now applies the default regression penalty. (10%, like for missing a Skill Check)
8% is ok, but it could be better, making it 10% would allow Surge to compete with other slow down perks!
Also just a note, I removed this information from the perks description, because it already says that the Generator explodes, so you could probably tell that it applies the same penalty as for missing a Skill Check.
- Removed the cooldown.
Removing the cooldown could be a little too much, but since I'm significantly reducing the range I thought that having more perks without a cooldown is a step into the right direction!
- Surge doesn't trigger on already regressing Generators.
This is just so you can't down 3 Survivors and completely remove almost all of their progress from the game, also I'm not sure if this is a thing already, so please let me know!
Thank you for reading! Also what do you think about these changes?

Comments
I wasn't expecting this to die so quickly, the feedback and suggestions magic I guess.
I'd rather not reduce the range. Its already quite low considering how most times only 1 maybe 2 are in range.
I also think removing the regression on already regressing is a bad idea as thats how I get most of my use out of it. If you removed it I'd just use another perk like Pop. Personally I think they should just remove basic attacks and keep the 40 sec cooldown. It would make the perk viable on more killers.
I think these are some good changes. Maybe the devs will implement them (or at least do something to Surge) when Demo gets its add-on pass.
Don't lower the radius, let it be 32m or maybe it should scale with the current TR of the Killer.
I'm so mad we have only 2 decent perks to regress gens. Some simple change in a perk can make it viable.
I think this might actually be a bit of a nerf more than a buff (which Surge desperately needs).
I don't mean to be discouraging. You're on the right track. Here's how I would change it.
Im guessing you're referring to Ruin and PGTW. What about Oppression though? I use it all the time now. It's great with surveillance.
As for these suggested changes. Yeah don't reduce the range. 32m already feels like it's too short since most of the time the survivors will run more than 32m away from the gen when you approach. Other than that I like it. Especially with the lack of need for basic attack means that Demogorgon himself can fully enjoy his own perk unlike now. But I don't think the devs would go for this since it'd make it rival meta perks.
I completely forgot about Oppression, now that you mentioned, I'm sure it's a really good combo for gens information, I will try it later.
They just need to edit some 10 lines of code to make it work on any attack, really sad devs won't listen, as always.