Tome Challenges

Why are Tome challenges centered around killers and survivors you have to buy? If not with real money the grind in this game isn't going to incentivize anyone to complete a tome.

And on the topic of Tomes, remember how events are no longer being done the way they used to because they took players out of the game to complete other objectives? What about tome challenges where you have to break 20 totems, or hide for a specific period of time, or perform an incredibly specific series of actions; be on death hook and escape as [Blank]

you removed events because they took players out of the game and replaced them with challenges that take players out of the game. Am I the only one who's noticed this?

Comments

  • I agree some of them (like escape on death hook as [blank]) are outright stupid. I also agree that if you have a challenge selected and you don't own that killer/perk, you should be given it for 24 hours or until you complete it, whichever comes first.

  • Some don't have to take you out of the game, like cleanse 20 totems, you can do that over the course of 20 games by just cleansing 1 a game, or Sabo X number of hooks, just run a breakout or Sabo build or take a tool box and break a couple when you're traveling to the next gen or after you get a rescue.

    I do agree that a lot of the master challenges can be bad in taking you out of the game. Like throwing a match by just going for chainsaw hits as Billy or the infamous 6 Feet Under and Dwight the Brave challenges.

  • To be fair, I think it allows for lore to be introduced for those characters. But I'm not sure how I feel about that- I kinda feel like at least the lore aspect should be a free feature in DbD.

    Whether or not you own the character or even complete the challenges, I think the lore sections should unlock after the Rift ends. Learning more about certain characters might even incentivize players to purchase them, or try them out.

    Thoughts?

    Edit: putting lore behind a DLC paywall discourages me from purchase.