Do you even play your own game?

It’s a stupid question, because you don’t.

1. How can you release a completely broken chapter just like that? Then say you’re fully aware you’re releasing it in a broken state and maybe you’ll fix it later ? It’s baffling.

2. How have you kept this ranking system for this long, when it doesn’t work and it continuously places people with vastly different skill playing together ? it’s also ridiculously easy to rank up. Way too easy

3. How can you release map “reworks” that are completely empty full of dead zones, new players will hardly get used to what a pallet is. There is none.

4. How do you keep breaking 10 things when releasing 1? How does a new DLC break Legion? Are you even aware of what you’re doing?


5. How do you keep releasing a new killer every month and a half when there has been issues for YEARS that remain unfixed and THEN you release a broken and buggy killer?

We want a “FIX YOUR GAME” DLC next. Stop releasing new content without addressing all that’s broken and unfinished. Fix the audio, fix the maps, fix the crashes, fix your killers, fix the balance issues. Fix your god damn game.

Comments

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1791814#Comment_1791814

    You demand explanations from those you know. I demand explanations from the developers I know and see on the streams , the community managers. Those in contact with the community. I can’t communicate with the CEOs because I don’t know who they are. And I don’t know their names. And I don’t think they even read this. If they don’t play their own game much less read their own forums.

    I as a costumer don’t care if “tHeY StrEAm tWiCe a WeEk” if the game’s broken.

    Wait, so basically you're saying the devs aren't allowed to be humans at the end of the work day if the game they work on isn't 100% complete?

    Wow I hope you're never in a position of power, you seem to not be able to see that developers are human beings with exactly as many rights and freedoms as you.

  • I suspect you've never worked for a large software development company, because the answer to most of those questions has to do with the structure of the pipeline. Certain things get priority over others because that's what the directors decide should happen. Things get broken or not tested properly because often shortcuts have to be taken when you're on a tight deadline.

    If it's true that this happens more with Dead by Daylight than other games, perhaps it's because the game industry in general has a reputation for treating its workers appallingly (look up "crunch culture" if you don't know what I'm talking about) and BHVR is reputed to be one of the few companies that goes out of its way not to do that. They don't force their employees to work 100-hour weeks for no additional pay just to meet release deadlines, but the deadlines still exist, so sometimes balls get dropped.

    Should they perhaps extend those deadlines instead, maybe release three chapters a year instead of four? Should they skip a chapter to fix bugs instead? Should they restructure their priorities so certain issues get more attention? Possibly, but none of those are things that individual designers or programmers get a say in. All they can do is their best with the time they're given.

  • @BattleCast said:

    The devs do play their own game and some even stream it. They all seem to really care for DbD, and want the best for the game. Which is why I don’t think it’s the devs fault for chapters being released earlier than they should’ve.

    How is it not their fault for releasing something earlier than it should have? They ######### released it... like what? No one else released it, they created it and knew it was garbage and broken and still released it. How is that wanting what’s best for the game. Yeah we care deeply but here’s a pile of #########, please buy auric cells.

  • I'm a software engineer, so i probably could...

  • @BattleCast said:

    The devs do play their own game and some even stream it. They all seem to really care for DbD, and want the best for the game. Which is why I don’t think it’s the devs fault for chapters being released earlier than they should’ve.

    Yeah it's the sociopathic executives tryin their best to enforce their zero tolerance policy for customer satisfaction a la take-two interactive.

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1791897#Comment_1791897

    Again, I will say it once more in case I didn’t explain myself well enough the first time. I don’t care if they stream their game.

    My question is if they play their own game, because if that’s the case, they must know better than anyone the content isn’t ready to be released. Or that the content that is currently released isn’t working properly or doesn’t have enough quality. So, when I ask “Do you play your own game?” The question must be no, because otherwise they’re knowingly releasing broken content and they must answer for that.

    I don’t care they talk about their opinions on bugs and glitches. We do that. Their job is to fix it. It has been years with some of them.

    so why even post this if you know the answer already? well here is why you did: You wanted to be noticed, you wanted people to tow the line with you. well your like is crap because 1) the devs play the game, 2) they stream it, 3) they work on it, 4) they talk about the game and how things came to being (IF THEY ARE ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING) and 5) they answer questions about bugs and how the game is made.

    you were given the answer to your question and more and you just threw it out the window. you are not trying to make anything better, you only want to seem like you're cool and you are not. Yes you did explain yourself the first, second and how ever many other times, but the answer is YES THEY DO PLAY THEIR GAME AND ARE AWARE OF THE MANY BUGS IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW AND EVEN OTHERS THAT YOU ARE NOT AWARE OF AT THIS TIME.

  • "FIX YOUR GAME" is humiliating and bad for the reputation, I do not expect next DLC to be just for fixes without a killer/surv/map release

  • @CustomerService said:

    It’s a stupid question, because you don’t.

    1. How can you release a completely broken chapter just like that? Then say you’re fully aware you’re releasing it in a broken state and maybe you’ll fix it later ? It’s baffling.

    2. How have you kept this ranking system for this long, when it doesn’t work and it continuously places people with vastly different skill playing together ? it’s also ridiculously easy to rank up. Way too easy

    3. How can you release map “reworks” that are completely empty full of dead zones, new players will hardly get used to what a pallet is. There is none.

    4. How do you keep breaking 10 things when releasing 1? How does a new DLC break Legion? Are you even aware of what you’re doing?

    5. How do you keep releasing a new killer every month and a half when there has been issues for YEARS that remain unfixed and THEN you release a broken and buggy killer?

    We want a “FIX YOUR GAME” DLC next. Stop releasing new content without addressing all that’s broken and unfinished. Fix the audio, fix the maps, fix the crashes, fix your killers, fix the balance issues. Fix your god damn game.

    I will buy that dlc

  • I follow 3 of the developers on Twitch and they stream every so often.

1 2 ›