Saying Everything and Thus Nothing (Why this Forum is Useless for Feedback)
So I wanted to give an example of why the DEV don't listen to us at the Forum, i.e. why I think Forums in general are nearly worthless when it comes to useful information. It stems from information overload, mostly. Consider the following:
The Twins
Since the Twins have been released officially there have been dozens of threads created about them. If we are to believe these threads and all the opinions given in them:
- The weakest Killer ever released by DbD.
- One of the strongest, most broken Killers released in DbD.
- Absolutely no fun to verse against.
- A total blast to verse against.
- The Killer's power is too versatile.
- The Killer's power is too limited.
- Victor looks like a baby.
- Victor does not look like a baby.
- Coupe De Grace is totally broken.
- Coupe De Grace is under powered.
*Do I need to keep going? Are you picking up what I'm putting down? The Forum is made up of a vocal minority (myself included) of ill-qualified, self-important yahoos that all want to add spin to every single thing they can, whether it is warranted or not. It appears most people feel it is more important to state an opinion (any opinion) rather than be left out of the process. What we get is an ocean of opinions, a sea of silly. Without a doubt there are good suggestions lost in all that dark water, but who would have time to find it? Do you really think the DEV have time to read all our posts, sifting through the countless ones which are mostly just whines and bile, to try to find that one, single post that actually has substance or merit?
Comments
They do read Feedback & Suggestions, that much I know.
I'm glad to hear it, but I feel bad for the DEV then. Even the Feedback sections of posts tends to get people jumping into the threads to fill them up with contradictory and whine posts. :)
For the most part I agree. I've tripped up and made my own posts like this, but for the most part I don't care about The Twins. I think they're fine. A "little" buggy, but fine balance wise.
I just care about the state this patch was pushed in. It's not okay. I don't believe it's the Dev's fault, probably some higher-up or investor.
After that, yes, I mainly agree with everything here. The amount of contradictions (and hypocrisy) on this forum are outstanding, from both sides. Too many people on here treat the game like it's a war between the two different playerbases. It shouldn't be treated like that. I try to refrain from doing that, but I've slipped up, and I know that. Again, I don't care about balance for the most part. I just want them to take their time. As far as I know, the Dev's don't use General for actual balance ideas (Thank God) but they do look at Feedback (or so I've been told, anyways.)
"a little buggy", my dude have you seen the list I've made?
Victor alone has about 20 bugs, charlotte is sitting somewhere around the 18 - 20 mark.
You're right, I forgot to apply the sarcasm quotation marks.
Fixed.
Oh, I though you were being serious, my bad.
Nah, don't worry about. You're right, the Twin's are way too buggy for a release. That's all I care about. Legitimately, all I care about. If this game was just allowed more time and effort, I feel it'd be so much better.