Found any good/unique builds on Twins yet?

Everyone’s busy complaining about bugs, so nobody’s actually talking about the gameplay of the Twins. Not that I’ve seen anyway.

Have you found any super effective builds? Any surprisingly effective non-meta perks?

Comments

  • Totens are pretty good with them, it's easy to defend

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    Everyone is complaining, and not talking about the gameplay for the same reason. It's literally unfinished.

    Oh I agree with the concerns about it being unfinished and buggy, and I fully understand WHY this is what everyone’s talking about. I’m just looking for a change of pace in the discussion, because even if there’s a good reason,I just get tired of all the complaining and belly-aching.

    So I decided to talk about builds.

    Currently all my bloodpoints are going into Elodie, so my level 15 Twins has a pitiful selection. I was lucky enough to get Surveillance which has some synergy with Oppression, but otherwise nothing good. (Monstrous Shrine tier 3. Yaaaaaay)

    I want to see what perks I might steer toward in the bloodweb that others have found surprisingly useful.

  • You could try using Hoarde-

    Oh wait.

  • I haven't used many perks on the twins but I think Ruin + Undying + Sloppy + STBFL or Bamboozle are a pretty good combo on them. Ruin and Undying are obvious, Sloppy is used for hit and run tactics, and STBFL or Bamboozle to improve your chase time as Charlotte since you'll be playing most of the game as her.

  • Because she's just a killer without a power without Victor, I like Monitor & Abuse on her. Let's you close more distance before they get heartbeat

  • I've been playing Twins lately and am still waiting for good perks. I think Twins have great mid-end game pressure. I'm still new and level 16 so I'm running the current build:

    Whispers

    Unnerving Presence

    Oppression

    Overcharge

    Idea is for strong 3-4 gen strategy end game. You can split 2 gens each and thanks to oppression it will cause other gens to regress and have difficult skill checks. And the gen you damaged will have a tremendously difficult check. If you set up a strong area then unnerving presence will still be background.

    I was toying with Whispers and M&A since Whispers will alert you to survivors but no heartbeat so its a great opportunity to deploy Victor.

    My main idea was to use a similar build on Doctor, but Twins can make great use of it as well since they can cover and incapacitate multiple survivors.

  • Sloppy is an absolute requirement. It's not even because they use it particularly well, it's because if you don't have it their kit doesn't function at all.

    If you down somebody as Victor, but get kicked (because it's TOTALLY FAIR that you can get killed as a punishment for using your power successfully...), you will wake up 3 seconds later in Charlotte, a long way away.

    If they have any kind of heal speed increase (Desperate Measures, Botany, We'll Make It, WGLF, Leader on the slug, or even just a Medkit), it is completely impossible for you to get to them before the survivor you downed is healthy again.

    With Sloppy, this is still a glaring weakness, but it's at least somewhat feasible that you'll get the grab.

  • Things to keep in mind when looking at perks for the twins:

    • When Charlotte is dormant, all perks that directly apply to her are inactive.
    • Victor's pounce is not a basic attack.

    The ideal attack pattern with the twin is usualy to cause as much injury as possible and try to rapidly down multiples survivors with Victor. Sloppy Butcher can only be applied by Charlotte, but it keep the survivors injured longer and help the innate blood tracking of Victor.

    Forced Penance does not require a basic attack and 80 seconds of broken is not insignificant with Victor running around, but it very much depend on how the survivors play.

    Save the Best for Last is a good way to make Charlotte more threatening by herself when Victor is stranded in an inconvenient place and make her way better at defending hooks.

    Lastly Charlotte has an interesting synergy with Play With Your Food. Victor's pounces does not cause the perk to lose stacks since Charlotte is dormant. Its probably not super strong, but more mobility for Charlotte is always nice.

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    Totens are pretty good with them, it's easy to defend

    I used devour on her it was pretty fun.

    once they find out you have devour you have victor guard the totem works out pretty well since the survivors rarely bother healing when you can insta down so you can use victor to get them.

  • Dragon’s grip, i just randomly used it on twins cuz i was still leveling them up and i stumbled upon the perk. you kick a gen then control victor and when someone touches the gen you just control charlotte and down them, add ons that make her wake from her dormant state faster are pretty good with my idea as well

  • @yobuddd said:

    Everyone’s busy complaining about bugs, so nobody’s actually talking about the gameplay of the Twins. Not that I’ve seen anyway.

    Have you found any super effective builds? Any surprisingly effective non-meta perks?

    Every Twin I've gone against slugs so I just kill myself on first hook. It's boring and I want to play the game but it seems to be effective.