BackPack: A perk we really need - now that we have Appraisal
Backpack. Enter the match with an empty BackPack and carry an additional 1/2/3 items that you find during the match. Keep all items and add-ons in your BackPack if you survive. Items that you assign to the Backpack cannot be equipped, used, or dropped during the match.
Comments
Just imagine all the loot you could stock up on if you paired BackPack with Appraisal and Ace in the Hole! Wooo!
I just wish there was a way to "sell" items for points. Personally, there's never items and add-ons that I'll EVER use. They just sit there and take up space. I know you could take them and swap them for found intems (which could be an additional effect to the backpack) but you're not always guaranteed to be able to do that/ survive and then your plain out an item.
I’m with you, a “sell” button would be incredible! In the meantime though, I think something like this would be very useful in a “supply run” build. You know, Ace in the hole, Pharmacy, and Plunderer’s Instinct. Bring BackPack and get out alive, and you get 4 items + up to 8 add-ons total! Not bad, eh? 😎
1/2/3 additional items would be very powerful. Imagine a survivor with a toolbox, medkit, flashlightb and key all at once. They would have so much situational control it would be crazy, especially if you could quick swap between them. Plus, the UI would make it difficult to cycle between them. What if instead "you may carry 1 additional item. Press the ctrl button while not moving for 9/6/3 seconds to switch the item in your hand with the item in the backpack".
Oh I fully agree, that would make a survivor waaaaaay too powerful. That’s why I put that final sentence into the perk description: “Items that you assign to the Backpack cannot be equipped, used, or dropped during the match.”
Basically, when you find an item, you pick it up. While holding it, if you find another item, you have 2 choices. You can push one button to swap or a different button to “assign to backpack”. If you put it in the backpack, you won’t see it again until after the match in your inventory (if you survive, that is). Items in the backpack are safe from Franklin’s though! Since they can’t be dropped, that is
This perk is intended purely to help you quickly bulk up on items for future matches, not to give you an unlimited arsenal for the current match.
3 items? Key, toolbox, medkit? Maybe if the backpack counted as 3 perk slots
Yes, but you don’t get to use them in the match, you only get to escape with them and add them to your character’s loadout inventory.
Ah, i see what your saying. But what would be the button assignments for console?
I play PS4, so I can only answer for that, but I would say this:
You!re holding a toolbox and standing over a chest that has a flashlight in it.
I think it’s important to word the second one that way so that players aren’t confused about which item they’re storing.
I still really want this! Just had a game with Appraisal and Ace in the Hole. Got myself a really nice medkit with good add-ons, but left sooooo much other gleaming loot behind. It just kills me! I want to escape with it all!
I want that backpack.
Hey thanks, me too! I really hope this idea gains some traction.
It would really help out with the grind. spend your bloodpoints leveling up and prestiging other characters while keeping your current one well-stocked with this perk. Surviving 5 “supply runs”will give you items to bring into the next 20 matches!
Itd be cool except theyd have to give killers an equivalent. A perk like that actually could unvalance the game, though if you give killers something equivalent as well i think its an awesome idea as you have it written
Great idea, for the killers benefit it could be something like